Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
Dedication to fermentation
If you’re a fan of cheese, you will love Tria. If you’re a wine aficionado, you too will love Tria. Then again, if you sometimes prefer a fine craft beer, you will definitely appreciate a visit to Tria.
In fact, just about everyone who visits thoroughly enjoys their time at Tria, a sophisticated bar and cafe on 18th Street off Rittenhouse Square.
As alluded to above, Tria specializes in the fermentation trio of wine, beer and cheese. And by “specializes” we really mean it — sublime and hard-to-find cheeses are imported from New York’s famous Murray’s Cheese Shop; world-class craft beers come from small breweries as close as Yards in Philadelphia and as far as Kiuchi Brewery in Japan; and the terrific wine list boasts several lesser-known vintages at reasonable prices.
Tria’s kitchen produces a nice array of light fare that favorably accompanies the wine and beer. Creative bruschetta cover a diverse range — try the truffled mushrooms with fontina variety or the brie with either strawberries or dried cranberries, depending on the season. While the menu changes daily, the small plates, salads and sandwiches are consistently delicious. Look out for the grilled asparagus salad and the grilled artichoke and goat cheese panino. The desserts at Tria are no slouch either: the nutella panino and strawberry brushetta are standouts.
The most important thing to remember about Tria is that it is versatile. Go for a light meal, drinks or what have you and before long, you won’t want to leave.
In the summer of 2007, Tria opened its second location. The new Tria is at the corner of 12th and Spruce Streets in the Washington Square West neighborhood and features floor to ceiling windows and great sidewalk seating.
Tria does not accept reservations, but you can usually wait for your table at the bar.
In the neighborhood
1201 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Morris House Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
260 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Washington Square
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Midtown Village Fall Festival
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
205 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Capital Grille
- Brauhaus Schmitz
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Day of The Dead Festival and Parade
- Garces Trading Company
- View more Restuarants & Dining