Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
Dedication to fermentation
If you’re a fan of cheese, you will love Tria. If you’re a wine aficionado, you too will love Tria. Then again, if you sometimes prefer a fine craft beer, you will definitely appreciate a visit to Tria.
In fact, just about everyone who visits thoroughly enjoys their time at Tria, a sophisticated bar and cafe on 18th Street off Rittenhouse Square.
As alluded to above, Tria specializes in the fermentation trio of wine, beer and cheese. And by “specializes” we really mean it — sublime and hard-to-find cheeses are imported from New York’s famous Murray’s Cheese Shop; world-class craft beers come from small breweries as close as Yards in Philadelphia and as far as Kiuchi Brewery in Japan; and the terrific wine list boasts several lesser-known vintages at reasonable prices.
Tria’s kitchen produces a nice array of light fare that favorably accompanies the wine and beer. Creative bruschetta cover a diverse range — try the truffled mushrooms with fontina variety or the brie with either strawberries or dried cranberries, depending on the season. While the menu changes daily, the small plates, salads and sandwiches are consistently delicious. Look out for the grilled asparagus salad and the grilled artichoke and goat cheese panino. The desserts at Tria are no slouch either: the nutella panino and strawberry brushetta are standouts.
The most important thing to remember about Tria is that it is versatile. Go for a light meal, drinks or what have you and before long, you won’t want to leave.
In the summer of 2007, Tria opened its second location. The new Tria is at the corner of 12th and Spruce Streets in the Washington Square West neighborhood and features floor to ceiling windows and great sidewalk seating.
Tria does not accept reservations, but you can usually wait for your table at the bar.
In the neighborhood
1100 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
601 Walnut Street
In the Lobby of the Curtis Center
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Masonic Temple
- City Hall
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- PSFS Building
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
231 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- El Vez
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Percy Street Barbecue
- View more Restuarants & Dining