Twenty Manning Grill
Style and substance on the Square
When Twenty Manning opened in 2000, it was an instant hit. The design is sleek and minimalist, fitting perfectly with the stylish neighborhood of Rittenhouse Square.
Large French windows open onto the street, where sidewalk tables line a quaint strip of Manning Street. Scents from the kitchen fill the air while the neighborhood’s energy can be felt at tables both inside and out.
The Pan Asian fare suits Twenty Manning’s ambiance to a tee. The kitchen deftly handles a range of seasonal ingredients, while keeping dishes straightforward and flavorful.
To begin, you definitely should share a few small plates. The dim sum is a tasty sampler: tuna sashimi, a duck spring roll, crispy shrimp and a Szechuan crab cake. The spicy calamari and beef ceviche are also good choices. The cheese plate is superb if not a tad light on baguette slices.
For the main course, be sure to pay attention when the waiter announces the night’s specials — the market fresh, whole fish specials are always delicious. Other favorites include the seared ahi tuna, the seared Moulard duck and the black angus burger with Roquefort, which has a Best of Philly® award under its belt.
The bar at Twenty Manning is a destination in its own right. A popular gathering spot with the neighborhood’s twenty- and thirty-somethings, the bar and lounge (which has also earned a Best of Philly® award) make for a great spot to enjoy a few cocktails, casual conversation and perhaps some light fare.
As the evening grows later, the bar might get a little busier, but it will still feel as sophisticated and intimate as ever.
Twenty Manning has some of the best outdoor seating in Philadelphia. Manning Street has very little automobile traffic while the people watching is top notch. And with heat lamps installed in the awnings above, you can comfortably enjoy alfresco dining well into the fall.
In the neighborhood
117 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2008-2010 Delancey Place Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Duck Girl
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- First Unitarian Church
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Merriam Theater
- PIFA Street Fair
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
205 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Center City District Sips
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- View more Restuarants & Dining