A lovely, gourmet Mexican restaurant in Headhouse Square
A recent addition to South Street neighborhood, Xochitl is a cozy Mexican restaurant that boasts a full bar and intimate 30-seat dining room. A deep-mahogany bar with high-backed wrought-iron bar stools and hand-painted Talavera tiling add to the warm decor upstairs.
The downstairs level displays a charming slate bar and modern lounge with deep-cobalt-blue walls, mirrored tea-light accents and comfortable burnt-orange suede banquettes.
The menu features starters like the sopa Azteca with fried tortilla, pasilla pepper, crema, avocado and Chihuahua cheese and made-to-order, table-side guacamole.
In addition to authentic dishes, you will also enjoy an outstanding and extensive tequila and cocktail list. Favorites include the Xochitl margarita, which is served with 100% blue agave tequila and freshly squeezed lime.
For more on Xochitl, click on the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
309 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Mother Bethel AME Church Bicentennial Celebration Series
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Old Man, Young Man, the Future
- Screenings Under The Stars
Summer Movie Series at
- Penn’s Landing
- Theater of the Living Arts (TLA)
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- View more attractions