Curate your home with vintage and contemporary mod designs
Located in Old City’s artistic district, Mode Moderne houses an impressive collection of new and vintage items for your home. And as the boutique’s name suggests, the finds here demonstrate a modern, artistic viewpoint.
The store offers two floors of designer chairs, bureaus and lighting solutions. You’re likely to find pieces from the mid 20th Century — such as the Habitat ball floor lamp and John Stuart’s eight-drawer dresser — that suit practical purposes while adding zest to your home.
But the store isn’t all vintage finds. Mode Moderne also carries upscale pieces from contemporary designers like Modernica, Vitra and Herman Miller. New pieces are generally more affordable while still retaining the store’s signature mod look.
For travelers: If you can’t fit your favorite vintage find in your suitcase, Mode Moderne is more than happy to ship their merchandise anywhere in the U.S.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Holiday Inn Express
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
151 North Independence Mall East Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Merchant’s Exchange
- Arden Theatre Company
- Independence National Historical Park
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Independence After Hours
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2016
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining