Spice up your home with vintage and contemporary mod designs
Located in Old City’s artistic district, Mode Moderne houses an impressive collection of new and vintage items for your home. And as the boutique’s name suggests, the finds here demonstrate a modern, artistic viewpoint.
The store offers two floors of designer chairs, bureaus and lighting solutions. You’re likely to find pieces from the mid 20th Century — such as the Habitat ball floor lamp and John Stuart’s eight-drawer dresser — that suit practical purposes while adding zest to your home.
But the store isn’t all vintage finds. Mode Moderne also carries upscale pieces from contemporary designers like Modernica, Vitra and Herman Miller. New pieces are generally more affordable while still retaining the store’s signature mod look.
For Travelers If you can’t fit your favorite vintage find in your suitcase, Mode Moderne is more than happy to ship their merchandise anywhere in the U.S.
In the neighborhood
201 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express
- Omni at Independence Park
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
6th and Race Streets (Locations vary for each attraction) Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Betsy Ross House
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Independence Visitor Center
- Dream Garden
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Fireman’s Hall
- National Constitution Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining