Spice up your home with vintage and contemporary mod designs
Located in Old City’s artistic district, Mode Moderne houses an impressive collection of new and vintage items for your home. And as the boutique’s name suggests, the finds here demonstrate a modern, artistic viewpoint.
The store offers two floors of designer chairs, bureaus and lighting solutions. You’re likely to find pieces from the mid 20th Century — such as the Habitat ball floor lamp and John Stuart’s eight-drawer dresser — that suit practical purposes while adding zest to your home.
But the store isn’t all vintage finds. Mode Moderne also carries upscale pieces from contemporary designers like Modernica, Vitra and Herman Miller. New pieces are generally more affordable while still retaining the store’s signature mod look.
For Travelers If you can’t fit your favorite vintage find in your suitcase, Mode Moderne is more than happy to ship their merchandise anywhere in the U.S.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
21 S. 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Arden Theatre Company
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Independence Visitor Center
- Independence National Historical Park
- The Physick House
- The Bishop White House
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining