Spice up your home with vintage and contemporary mod designs
Located in Old City’s artistic district, Mode Moderne houses an impressive collection of new and vintage items for your home. And as the boutique’s name suggests, the finds here demonstrate a modern, artistic viewpoint.
The store offers two floors of designer chairs, bureaus and lighting solutions. You’re likely to find pieces from the mid 20th Century — such as the Habitat ball floor lamp and John Stuart’s eight-drawer dresser — that suit practical purposes while adding zest to your home.
But the store isn’t all vintage finds. Mode Moderne also carries upscale pieces from contemporary designers like Modernica, Vitra and Herman Miller. New pieces are generally more affordable while still retaining the store’s signature mod look.
For Travelers If you can’t fit your favorite vintage find in your suitcase, Mode Moderne is more than happy to ship their merchandise anywhere in the U.S.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
6th and Race Streets (Locations vary for each attraction) Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Independence National Historical Park
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Constitution Day
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining