Curate your home with vintage and contemporary mod designs
Located in Old City’s artistic district, Mode Moderne houses an impressive collection of new and vintage items for your home. And as the boutique’s name suggests, the finds here demonstrate a modern, artistic viewpoint.
The store offers two floors of designer chairs, bureaus and lighting solutions. You’re likely to find pieces from the mid 20th Century — such as the Habitat ball floor lamp and John Stuart’s eight-drawer dresser — that suit practical purposes while adding zest to your home.
But the store isn’t all vintage finds. Mode Moderne also carries upscale pieces from contemporary designers like Modernica, Vitra and Herman Miller. New pieces are generally more affordable while still retaining the store’s signature mod look.
For travelers: If you can’t fit your favorite vintage find in your suitcase, Mode Moderne is more than happy to ship their merchandise anywhere in the U.S.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
433 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- New Hall Military Museum
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- National Constitution Center
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- Once Upon a Nation
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Second Bank of the United States
- Merchant’s Exchange
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining