A touch of Japanese clothing and culture — and a little punk, too
Omoi boutique brings the trendy styles of Tokyo to Philadelphia. Filled with kitschy-chic clothing, jewelry and accessories, Omoi reflects the colorfully streamlined sensibilities of Asian fashion.
And now Omoi has evolved to include other quirky and punk-inspired fashions from around the world.
You’ll find underground American design lines like Rukus Apparel and Evil Genius, upscale punk threads from the U.K. and unusual — but eye-catching — paintings from local artists.
Keep an eye out for Japanese toys, tea ceremony sets and hand-printed stationary. And for those who speak the language, feel free to leaf through Japanese magazines to inspire your shopping.
Owner Elizabeth Sieber studied abroad in Japan and found herself engaged in the culture — and the shopping.
Surprised that she couldn’t find the same items back home, Liz took it upon herself to open a boutique and bring Japan’s best indie designers stateside.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N 15th Street and Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Opera Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- The Wilma Theater
- Merriam Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Duck Girl
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining