A touch of Japanese clothing and culture — and a little punk, too
Omoi boutique brings the trendy styles of Tokyo to Philadelphia. Filled with kitschy-chic clothing, jewelry and accessories, Omoi reflects the colorfully streamlined sensibilities of Asian fashion.
And now Omoi has evolved to include other quirky and punk-inspired fashions from around the world.
You’ll find underground American design lines like Rukus Apparel and Evil Genius, upscale punk threads from the U.K. and unusual — but eye-catching — paintings from local artists.
Keep an eye out for Japanese toys, tea ceremony sets and hand-printed stationary. And for those who speak the language, feel free to leaf through Japanese magazines to inspire your shopping.
Owner Elizabeth Sieber studied abroad in Japan and found herself engaged in the culture — and the shopping.
Surprised that she couldn’t find the same items back home, Liz took it upon herself to open a boutique and bring Japan’s best indie designers stateside.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Latham Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Rittenhouse
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1920 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 735-1685 (tickets), (215) 735-1685 (office)
- The Franklin Institute
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Plays and Players Theater
- First Unitarian Church
- 1812 Productions
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
119 S. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Irish Pub
- Chez Colette
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Barclay Prime
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Bistro La Baia
- Center City District Sips
- Village Whiskey
- View more Restuarants & Dining