A touch of Japanese clothing and culture — and a little punk, too
Omoi boutique brings the trendy styles of Tokyo to Philadelphia. Filled with kitschy-chic clothing, jewelry and accessories, Omoi reflects the colorfully streamlined sensibilities of Asian fashion.
And now Omoi has evolved to include other quirky and punk-inspired fashions from around the world.
You’ll find underground American design lines like Rukus Apparel and Evil Genius, upscale punk threads from the U.K. and unusual — but eye-catching — paintings from local artists.
Keep an eye out for Japanese toys, tea ceremony sets and hand-printed stationary. And for those who speak the language, feel free to leaf through Japanese magazines to inspire your shopping.
Owner Elizabeth Sieber studied abroad in Japan and found herself engaged in the culture — and the shopping.
Surprised that she couldn’t find the same items back home, Liz took it upon herself to open a boutique and bring Japan’s best indie designers stateside.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1412 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- City Hall
- The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining