A touch of Japanese clothing and culture — and a little punk, too
Omoi boutique brings the trendy styles of Tokyo to Philadelphia. Filled with kitschy-chic clothing, jewelry and accessories, Omoi reflects the colorfully streamlined sensibilities of Asian fashion.
And now Omoi has evolved to include other quirky and punk-inspired fashions from around the world.
You’ll find underground American design lines like Rukus Apparel and Evil Genius, upscale punk threads from the U.K. and unusual — but eye-catching — paintings from local artists.
Keep an eye out for Japanese toys, tea ceremony sets and hand-printed stationary. And for those who speak the language, feel free to leaf through Japanese magazines to inspire your shopping.
Owner Elizabeth Sieber studied abroad in Japan and found herself engaged in the culture — and the shopping.
Surprised that she couldn’t find the same items back home, Liz took it upon herself to open a boutique and bring Japan’s best indie designers stateside.
In the neighborhood
1450 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Midtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- City Hall
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Mütter Museum
- The Wilma Theater
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- PIFA Street Fair
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining