A touch of Japanese clothing and culture — and a little punk, too
Omoi boutique brings the trendy styles of Tokyo to Philadelphia. Filled with kitschy-chic clothing, jewelry and accessories, Omoi reflects the colorfully streamlined sensibilities of Asian fashion.
And now Omoi has evolved to include other quirky and punk-inspired fashions from around the world.
You’ll find underground American design lines like Rukus Apparel and Evil Genius, upscale punk threads from the U.K. and unusual — but eye-catching — paintings from local artists.
Keep an eye out for Japanese toys, tea ceremony sets and hand-printed stationary. And for those who speak the language, feel free to leaf through Japanese magazines to inspire your shopping.
Owner Elizabeth Sieber studied abroad in Japan and found herself engaged in the culture — and the shopping.
Surprised that she couldn’t find the same items back home, Liz took it upon herself to open a boutique and bring Japan’s best indie designers stateside.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Latham Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
23rd Street Armory
22 S 23rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Duck Girl
- PIFA Street Fair
- Center City District Sips
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining