Contemporary designs with a hip, vintage twist
Smak Parlour, a dollhouse-like establishment nestled in Old City, is a deliciously edgy boutique where city-wise shoppers dabble in the hip and flirty.
Bejeweled mini-dresses and cropped jackets lay atop pink display tables, giving the one-room boutique the appearance of Marie Antoinette’s dressing room, or perhaps the inside of a jewelry box. Indeed, pearls and pink are the fashion at Smak Parlour, a veritable dream house for the fashionable city girl.
Not that Smak Parlour is all nice — founders Abby and Kate, who design all of the store’s garments and accessories, have created a perfect marriage of sugar and spice. Denim dresses befitting a 1950s pinup model are ornamented with red plastic hearts, while flirtatiously long earrings and necklaces drip with either faux rubies or vintage Barbie heels.
If dress-up isn’t in your fashion itinerary, Abby and Kate have several work-friendly tricks up their sleeves, offering seersucker blazers, A-line skirts and perfect-fit collared shirts to their devoted shoppers.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
44 N. Fourth Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Arch Street Friends Meeting House
- New Hall Military Museum
- Constitution Day
- Independence Hall
- Second Bank of the United States
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- Declaration (Graff) House
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining