Contemporary designs with a hip, vintage twist
Smak Parlour, a dollhouse-like establishment nestled in Old City, is a deliciously edgy boutique where city-wise shoppers dabble in the hip and flirty.
Bejeweled mini-dresses and cropped jackets lay atop pink display tables, giving the one-room boutique the appearance of Marie Antoinette’s dressing room, or perhaps the inside of a jewelry box. Indeed, pearls and pink are the fashion at Smak Parlour, a veritable dream house for the fashionable city girl.
Not that Smak Parlour is all nice — founders Abby and Kate, who design all of the store’s garments and accessories, have created a perfect marriage of sugar and spice. Denim dresses befitting a 1950s pinup model are ornamented with red plastic hearts, while flirtatiously long earrings and necklaces drip with either faux rubies or vintage Barbie heels.
If dress-up isn’t in your fashion itinerary, Abby and Kate have several work-friendly tricks up their sleeves, offering seersucker blazers, A-line skirts and perfect-fit collared shirts to their devoted shoppers.
In the neighborhood
1020 Cherry Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
20 S. 2nd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Christ Church
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Carpenters’ Hall
- Mural Arts Program
- United States Mint
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2016
- Independence Hall
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining