Map all locations Sports
Whether you’re more interested in watching the big game or doing the exercising yourself, we’ve got you covered. Sure, Philly’s a big city, but within town, or just minutes away, there are some great sports facilities, endless recreational activities, gigantic parks and beautiful gardens.
For visitors to Philadelphia who are passionate about the great outdoors, a visit to Fairmount Park — the world’s largest municipal park — is just the beginning. Opportunities for everything from hiking and biking to blading, boating and floating are all within easy reach of Center City.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- Deal Feed: Celebrate Pi Day At Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique With Discounted Slices Of Pie, Friday, March 14
- Philly Wine Week Makes Its Debut With Tastings, Classes, Happy Hours And More At Tons Of Bars And Restaurants In The Area, March 23-30
- Painted Bride Art Center Hosts The World Premiere Of The Clothesline Muse, A Work Of Music, Dance, Spoken Word And More, March 14-16
- Celebrate The 75th Birthday Of Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens Founding Artist Isaiah Zagar This Sunday, March 16
- Moore College Of Art And Design Presents CANDIDATE: Impending Disaster, A Free Collaborative Performance, This Friday, March 14
- Whiskey Rebellion Philadelphia Hits The Theatre of Living Arts On Sunday, April 13; Tickets On Sale This Thursday, March 13 At 11 A.M.
- Shop Handmade Items From More Than 250 Artisans At The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival, March 14-16
- Technically Philly Hosts Its Annual #NOTATSXSW Party Tonight, Tuesday, March 11 At Philly Game Forge
- Contest Alert: Enter To Win The Ultimate Rocky Weekend Sweepstakes
- Visit Paramour At The Historic Wayne Hotel To Sample The Wines Of Austria During A Guided Wine Tasting, Thursday, March 13
- View more from the blog
Major League Soccer in the Philadelphia-region
The Philadelphia Union, the region’s first Major League Soccer club, has been thrilling soccer fans since their inaugural season in 2010.
Philly’s hometown team keeps it exciting season after season
Be there for all the action as one of the most exciting teams in baseball thrills their fans night-in and night-out in their fantastic South Philadelphia ballpark. Catch all the home runs, all the diving catches and all the fan giveaways — not to mention the always spirited Philly Phanatic — when you head to Citizens Bank Park!
Fly, Eagles, Fly
The team for which Philadelphia bleeds green
The world’s oldest relay meet, held annually at the University of Pennsylvania
The nation’s largest and most important amateur track and field event held at the University of Pennsylvania.View More
Land of the free, home of the game
The Army-Navy game makes its return to Philadelphia in 2013 West Point and Annapolis square off for the 114th time.View More
Historic soccer rivalry at the home of the Philadelphia Union
The Black Knights of Army and the Midshipmen of Navy will continue their historic rivalry as they commemorate their 80th meeting in men’s soccer with a return to PPL Park over Veteran’s Day weekend..View More
Cooler than being cool
Home to local collegiate hockey games and many other on-ice activities, this 2,500-seat rink is the largest collegiate indoor arena in the state of Pennsylvania.View More
Historic home of Penn football
Operational since the turn of the 20th century, Franklin Field is a nearly 53,000-seat stadium best-known as the home of Penn football and the host of the annual international Penn Relays gathering.View More
The art of fielding
A beautiful green area situated between Penn’s campus and the Schuylkill River waterfront, Penn Park features open space and recreational facilities available to the public from 6 a.m. to midnight.View More
Outdoor recreation for all
Just across 4th Street from Jefferson Square Park, Sacks Playground satisfies the neighborhood’s active crew with a pool, baseball fields, basketball courts.View More
An indoor ice rink beneath I-95
Hockey is a way of life for the regulars at Rizzo Rink, but casual skaters are welcome to don their blades and round the ice for public hours, Wednesday through Sunday.View More
It’s bumper to bumper at the Pennsylvania Convention Center
Catch a glimpse of the automotive industry’s latest creations at the Pennsylvania Convention Center during the 2014 Philadelphia Auto Show.View More
One of the most historic races in the country
One of the most historic races in the nation, the Philadelphia Marathon covers fast and mostly flat terrain, crossing the heart of Philadelphia and some of the city’s most iconic landmarks — including Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House and the Liberty Bell.View More