Map all locations Sports
Whether you’re more interested in watching the big game or doing the exercising yourself, we’ve got you covered. Sure, Philly’s a big city, but within town, or just minutes away, there are some great sports facilities, endless recreational activities, gigantic parks and beautiful gardens.
For visitors to Philadelphia who are passionate about the great outdoors, a visit to Fairmount Park — the world’s largest municipal park — is just the beginning. Opportunities for everything from hiking and biking to blading, boating and floating are all within easy reach of Center City.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- The Peddler’s Village Strawberry Festival Returns With A Full Weekend Of Treats, Pie-Eating Contests, Music, Shopping And More, May 2-3
- Coming Attraction: The Fillmore Philadelphia To Transform A Fishtown Factory Into A State-Of-The-Art Live Music Venue, Opening This Fall
- The Radio 104.5 Summer Block Parties Return With Free Concerts One Sunday A Month At Festival Pier, Starting This Sunday, May 3
- Tony Award-Winning Musical Kinky Boots Continues The Broadway Philadelphia Season At The Forrest Theatre, April 28-May 10
- Dining Out For Life Returns For Its 25th Year To More Than 200 Restaurants And Food Trucks This Thursday, April 30
- The Academy Of Natural Sciences Celebrates This Summer’s Jurassic World Release With A Jurassic Park Movie Marathon And Dinosaur Dance Party, Saturday, May 9
- The PHS Meadowbrook Farm Spring Fling Celebrates The Season With Flowers, Gardening And More, Saturday, May 2
- Must See: The First Major Exhibit In 20 Years To Showcase The Art Of Horace Pippin Shows At Brandywine River Museum of Art, April 25-July 19
- The 11th Annual Let Them Eat Cake Competition Welcomes Cake Boss Buddy Valastro As Judge, Monday, April 27
- Weekend Picks: Philadelphia Science Festival Kicks Off, Philly Tech Week Closes Out, The Penn Relays, Indego Bike Share, Outdoor Yoga, Art Festival At Penn Treaty Park, Free Philly Phlash Rides And More
- View more from the blog
Major League Soccer in the Philadelphia-region
The Philadelphia Union, the region’s first Major League Soccer club, has been thrilling soccer fans since their inaugural season in 2010.
Philly’s hometown team keeps it exciting season after season
Be there for all the action as one of the most exciting teams in baseball thrills their fans night-in and night-out in their fantastic South Philadelphia ballpark. Catch all the home runs, all the diving catches and all the fan giveaways — not to mention the always spirited Philly Phanatic — when you head to Citizens Bank Park!
Fly, Eagles, Fly
The team for which Philadelphia bleeds green
A 10-mile road race along Philadelphia’s historic Broad Street
May 3View More
The 10-mile, point-to-point course is a gentle downgrade that runs from the northern edge of Philadelphia down to its southern tip.
The largest collegiate regatta in the United States
The two-day race is held on the Schuylkill River in beautiful Fairmount Park, one of the most famous and scenic rowing routes in the world.View More
Philly’s hometown team keeps it exciting season after season
Be there for all the action as one of the most exciting teams in baseball thrills their fans night-in and night-out in their fantastic South Philadelphia ballpark. Catch all the home runs, all the diving catches and all the fan giveaways — not to mention the always spirited Philly Phanatic — when you head to Citizens Bank Park!View More
A veritable cathedral of college basketball
The most storied gymnasium in the history of collegiate athletics.View More
It’s bumper to bumper at the Pennsylvania Convention Center
January 31-February 8View More
Catch a glimpse of the automotive industry’s latest creations at the Pennsylvania Convention Center during the 2015 Philadelphia Auto Show.
The world’s oldest relay meet, held annually at the University of Pennsylvania
April 23 – 25View More
The Penn Relay Carnival is now in its 121st year and is the world’s first and most widely recognized relay meet. More than 100,000 spectators attend the annual racing event to see the world’s top track athletes compete at Franklin Field.
The Eagles’ Nest
Lincoln Financial Field, the official home of the Philadelphia Eagles, opened to the public in 2003 and has been garnering praise ever since.View More
One of the most historic races in the country
November 21 – 23View More
One of the most historic races in the nation, the Philadelphia Marathon covers fast and mostly flat terrain, crossing the heart of Philadelphia and some of the city’s most iconic landmarks — including Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House and the Liberty Bell.
An exciting, two-day race that draws fans from around the world
October 25 – 26View More
Enjoy a great fall weekend in Fairmount Park and take in a picturesque fall regatta at the Thomas Eakins Head of the Schuylkill Regatta, one of the longest running head races in the country.
A colorful celebration of an ancient Chinese tradition
Saturday, October 4View More
Stroll up Kelly Drive along the Schuylkill River for an unusually colorful and dramatic regatta, the Philadelphia Dragon Boat Festival, Philadelphia’s annual celebration of an ancient Chinese tradition.
13.1-mile race followed by a free concert
The Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon returns in September, bringing together fitness and music as runners head down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and along the Schuylkill River before taking in a free concert at Eakins Oval.View More
Sample some of Philly’s best BBQ outside the ballpark
The annual Stephen Starr-Garry Maddox Barbecue Challenge pits some of the city’s best BBQ dishes against each other — then has attendees vote on the best. Bonus: It’s all for a good cause.View More
Sunset bike race through streets of downtown West Chester
Hundreds of cyclists, including national professionals and locals, will challenge themselves on the streets of downtown West Chester during the 10th annual Iron Hill Twilight Criterium.View More
World-famous bike race highlighting the famous Manayunk Wall
Professional and amateur cyclists alike will have the opportunity to tackle the infamous “Manayunk Wall” during the Parx Casino Philly Cycling Classic.View More
Land of the free, home of the game
The Army-Navy game makes its return to Philadelphia in 2015. Cadets from West Point and and Midshipmen from Annapolis will square off at Lincoln Financial Field for the 116th matchup between the historic rivals.View More