Architectural Walking Tours with the Preservation Alliance
Take an award-winning stroll through Philadelphia
Explore Philadelphia’s architectural past, present and future during an award-winning guided walking tour with the Preservation Alliance.
Named the “best reason to take a walk” in the 2008 “Best of Philly” list, the Architectural Walking Tours are led by a knowledgeable group of volunteers. Each tour will take you through various sections of the city, including Society Hill, Rittenhouse Square, Fishtown, Girard Estate and Chestnut Hill. Along the way you’ll learn about region’s architectural heritage and social history.
Themed tours are also available, such as the “Littlest Streets,” “Art Deco Philadelphia,” “Skyscrapers Old and New,” and “Ben Franklin’s Philadelphia.”
All tours last between 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Architectural Walking Tours run May through October on Saturdays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Sundays at 2 p.m. (with 10 a.m. tours available September – October) and Wednesdays at 6 p.m. (May through August only).
Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for students with ID and free for children 10 and under accompanied by an adult. Tour groups are limited to the first 25 people to arrive.
Buy Tickets Online
Purchase tickets for the Architectural Walking Tours in advance of your visit. Click the button below to buy tickets online at the Independence Visitor Center.
About the Preservation Alliance
The Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia actively promotes the appreciation, protection, and revitalization of the Philadelphia region’s historic buildings, communities, and landscapes. A 501c3 non-profit membership organization, the Alliance leads in setting the agenda for preservation issues of regional importance and advocates strong public preservation policies.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1920 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 735-1685 (tickets), (215) 735-1685 (office)
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Plays and Players Theater
- Art Star Craft Bazaar
- First Unitarian Church
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
261 S. 20th Street
Corner of 20th and Manning Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Randazzo’s Pizzeria
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- The Corner Foodery
- Butcher & Singer
- My Thai
- Tastebuds Market & Catering
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- The Cambridge
- View more Restuarants & Dining