Free and Friendly Tours
Walking tours of historic Philadelphia
Free and Friendly Tours is a Philly company with Philly guides and will show you the whole range of Philadelphia, its historical monuments and present-day city life – or the whole of what’s in walking distance at least.
Hear the stories hidden behind Philly’s streets and buildings and works of art, from Independence Hall to Isaiah Zagar’s South Street mosaics. Listen as the guides point out some of their favorite places in Philadelphia.
Tours are free, which means you tip what you want, and it’s friendly because your guides are friendly folks who want to make you love Philly as much as they do. Reservations are required for all tours.
The Colonial Cheesesteak Tour
Departs: Benjamin’s Best (401 Chestnut Street)
Journey through Philadelphia’s colonial and revolutionary streets in the footsteps of men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the convicts that carried Ben Franklin to and from the Constitutional Convention. No joke. Uncover the stories hidden in Philadelphia’s history and walk through two of its exciting contemporary neighborhoods, Old City and South Street.
The Billy Penn Tour
Departs: Courtyard of Philadelphia City Hall (Broad and Market Streets)
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Beginning at Philadelphia’s City Hall, a building destined to be the world’s tallest, this tour leads through the bustle of Reading Terminal Market and the luxury of the Wanamaker Building and looks out toward the steps of Philadelphia’s famous Museum of Art. You’ll encounter fighting Quakers, cross-dressing Irishmen and a certain Italian boxer, and learn that the Reading Railroad is more than just square on the Monopoly board.
Visit freefriendlytours.com for a complete schedule of tours and additional information.
In the neighborhood
12th and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1218 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Asian Arts Initiative
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- PIFA Street Fair
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1200 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Capital Grille
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Banana Leaf
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Reading Terminal Market
- Fratelli’s Italian Bistro
- View more Restuarants & Dining