Italian Market Tour
An extensive tour of the historic Italian Market
Visit various historical and cultural sites in Philadelphia’s famous Italian Market with guide Celeste Morello, MS, MA Historian and author of The Philadelphia Italian Market Cookbook.
The Market, which runs along approximately ten city blocks of Ninth Street in South Philadelphia, is one of the oldest and largest open-air markets in America.
The experience will awe you — you’ll see programs and demonstrations on cooking and food preparation, and taste imported or homemade products that can only be found at the Italian Market!
A three hour tour departs every Friday at 10 a.m. but prior reservations are required. You may also call and arrange a private three- or five-hour tour of the market, Tuesday through Saturday.
In the neighborhood
1200 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Arch Streets
Reading Terminal Market
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Reading Terminal Market
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- View more Restuarants & Dining