Italian Market Tour
An extensive tour of the historic Italian Market
Visit various historical and cultural sites in Philadelphia’s famous Italian Market with guide Celeste Morello, MS, MA Historian and author of The Philadelphia Italian Market Cookbook.
The Market, which runs along approximately ten city blocks of Ninth Street in South Philadelphia, is one of the oldest and largest open-air markets in America.
The experience will awe you — you’ll see programs and demonstrations on cooking and food preparation, and taste imported or homemade products that can only be found at the Italian Market!
A three hour tour departs every Friday at 10 a.m. but prior reservations are required. You may also call and arrange a private three- or five-hour tour of the market, Tuesday through Saturday.
In the neighborhood
21 N. Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Arch Streets
Reading Terminal Market
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Reading Terminal Market
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- View more Restuarants & Dining