Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N. 12th Street and Arch Street Reading Terminal Market, Center Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Shoe Museum
- Chinatown Friendship Gate
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- Asian Arts Initiative
- Franklin Square
- The African American Museum
- The Trocadero Theatre
- Audacious Freedom
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining