Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1219 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Mural Arts Program
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The China Gate
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining