Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
400 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
6th and Race Streets Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Pig Iron Theatre Company
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- United States Mint
- National Liberty Museum
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining