Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Alexander Inn
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
19 South 10th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Asian Arts Initiative
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- The African American Museum
- Masonic Temple
- Chinatown Friendship Gate
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining