Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1225 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N. 12th Street and Arch Street Reading Terminal Market, Center Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Franklin Square
- The African American Museum
- Shoe Museum
- Chinatown Friendship Gate
- The Trocadero Theatre
- Audacious Freedom
- Asian Arts Initiative
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining