Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1305 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Alexander Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
601 Walnut Street
In the Lobby of the Curtis Center
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Irish Memorial
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Mural Arts Program
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Center City District Sips
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining