Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
21 N. Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Pennsylvania Convention Center
1101 Arch St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- Center for Architecture
- PIFA Street Fair
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining