Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1225 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Morris House Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Lokal Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- PIFA Street Fair
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- National Archives at Philadelphia
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Mural Arts Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining