Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
237 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- PSFS Building
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Mural Arts Program
- Masonic Temple
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- PIFA Street Fair
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining