Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1201 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
200 N. 6th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- Shoe Museum
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- The Trocadero Theatre
- Audacious Freedom
- Asian Arts Initiative
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining