Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
601 Walnut Street
In the Lobby of the Curtis Center
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- The 2014 Philadelphia Flower Show
- PSFS Building
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Center City District Sips
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Merriam Theater
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining