Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
Get the scoop on Philly food favorites
Learn the story behind cheesesteaks, hoagies, pretzels and other Philly food favorites — as well as the 113-year history of the vibrant Reading Terminal Market (where they’re all sold) — during this 70-minute, food-writer-led walking tour.
The tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Wednesday and Saturday at 10 a.m., rain or shine. Call for additional days and times. Reservations required.
$15.95 adults, $8.95 children (ages 7-11) cash. Private tours also available.
On the tour, you’ll see authentic Amish pretzels being twisted, hear the story behind the Breyers Ice Cream logo and find out where Milton Hershey got the idea for his famous Kisses.
In the neighborhood
1100 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
One North Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Mural Arts Program
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- Center for Architecture
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining