Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
201 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Morris House Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
600 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- The Liberty 360 3-D Show
at the PECO Theater
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Arden Theatre Company
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining