Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
433 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- The Morris House Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
44 N. Fourth Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Fireman’s Hall
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs
- Arden Theatre Company
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining