Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
301 Pine Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Independence After Hours
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Fringe Festival
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Lights of Liberty
- Merchant’s Exchange
- Fireman’s Hall
- The Powel House
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining