Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Omni at Independence Park
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
600 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- 2015 Fringe Festival
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- National Constitution Center
- Franklin’s Print Shop
- Christ Church
- Museum at the Chemical Heritage Foundation
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Arch Street Friends Meeting House
- Tin Angel
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining