Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Morris House Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
147 N. 2nd Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Arden Theatre Company
- Philadelphia CityPASS
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Benjamin Franklin Museum
- Once Upon a Nation
- The Powel House
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining