Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
44 N. Fourth Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Fireman’s Hall
- The Physick House
- Arden Theatre Company
- The Betsy Ross House
- Independence After Hours
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Independence National Historical Park
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining