Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
147 N. 2nd Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- The Liberty Bell Center
- Independence After Hours
- Dream Garden
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Once Upon a Nation
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- The Bishop White House
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining