Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
The following information is from 2016. Stay tuned for details on 2017.
May 26 – December 29, 2016 (select days)
From May through December, the over-21 set can sing along to 18th-century drinking songs, enjoy stories of the drinking traditions of Colonial times and sample drinks and snacks as they ramble through Historic Philadelphia with a Colonial guide.
Tipplers stop at local watering holes and, along the way, learn important information, such as Benjamin Franklin’s names for a drunk person (“nimptopsical” and “tipsicum grave”).
Tours embark from the Independence Visitor Center at 6th and Market streets.
For more information on the Tippler’s Tour, including tour schedule and to purchase tickets, please click the button below.
In the neighborhood
433 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Lokal Hotel
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
601 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Dolley Todd (Madison) House
- Race Street Pier
- Independence Visitor Center
- Declaration (Graff) House
- Tin Angel
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2016
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- Independence National Historical Park
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining