Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
May 26 – December 29, 2016 (select days)
From May through December, the over-21 set can sing along to 18th-century drinking songs, enjoy stories of the drinking traditions of Colonial times and sample drinks and snacks as they ramble through Historic Philadelphia with a Colonial guide.
Tipplers stop at local watering holes and, along the way, learn important information, such as Benjamin Franklin’s names for a drunk person (“nimptopsical” and “tipsicum grave”).
Tours embark from the Independence Visitor Center at 6th and Market streets.
For more information on the Tippler’s Tour, including tour schedule and to purchase tickets, please click the button below.
In the neighborhood
237 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
321 S. 4th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Irish Memorial
- The African American Museum
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Stratus Lounge
- The Bourse
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2016
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- United States Mint
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining