Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
May 26 – December 29, 2016 (select days)
From May through December, the over-21 set can sing along to 18th-century drinking songs, enjoy stories of the drinking traditions of Colonial times and sample drinks and snacks as they ramble through Historic Philadelphia with a Colonial guide.
Tipplers stop at local watering holes and, along the way, learn important information, such as Benjamin Franklin’s names for a drunk person (“nimptopsical” and “tipsicum grave”).
Tours embark from the Independence Visitor Center at 6th and Market streets.
For more information on the Tippler’s Tour, including tour schedule and to purchase tickets, please click the button below.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
315 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The African American Museum
- Congress Hall
- Arch Street Friends Meeting House
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- New Hall Military Museum
- Screenings Under The Stars
Summer Movie Series at
- Dolley Todd (Madison) House
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- 2016 Fringe Festival
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining