Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- The Morris House Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
3rd and Chestnut Streets
Independence Living History Center
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- 2015 Fringe Festival
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Philadelphia CityPASS
- The Bishop White House
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Dream Garden
- Independence National Historical Park
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Penn’s Landing
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining