Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
244 S. 3rd Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- The Irish Memorial
- The Physick House
- Society Hill Playhouse
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Independence National Historical Park
- Polish American Cultural Center
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining