Experience a taste of Colonial tavern life
“Cheers” to the spirits of ’76! Wind your way through the streets of Old City enjoying drinks and a little sip of history at Colonial and modern day watering holes.
Enjoy beers, traditional cocktails and appetizer-style snacks as your Colonial guide shares stories of tavern life in Colonial Philadelphia. Participating taverns include the Salon 401 at Omni Hotel, National Mechanics, Triumph Brewing Company, and the historic City Tavern.
Tours embark from the Historic Philadelphia Center across from Independence Hall.
The Tippler’s Tour runs April 19 – December 27.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
525 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Liberty Bell Center
- Arch Street Friends Meeting House
- Christ Church
- Second Bank of the United States
- Merchant’s Exchange
- The Betsy Ross House
- Philadelphia Orchestra
Free Neighborhood Concert Series
- First Person Arts Festival
- Dream Garden
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining