Ultimate Rocky Weekend Sweepstakes Rules
The Ultimate Rocky Weekend Sweepstakes Official Rules:
*(Contest is only open to residents of continental United States who are 21 years of age or older)
The Ultimate Rocky Weekend Sweepstakes Official Rules Sponsored by Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation d/b/a VISIT PHILADELPHIA™ (“VISIT PHILADELPHIA”). The Ultimate Rocky Weekend (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on March 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 4, 2014 at 5:00 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The purpose of this Sweepstakes is to further VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s mission of promoting the City of Philadelphia and the region to attract tourists; the Sweepstakes has no commercial value. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NO ENTRY FEE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 pm ET on Thursday, March 6, 2014 and ends at 5:00 pm ET on April 4, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). During this period, the public may fill out a form (defined below) posted on the Visitphilly.com (defined below). On or about April 4, 2014, VISIT PHILADELPHIA will determine and announce winners of the Sweepstakes, and the prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).
2. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must agree to these Official Rules. Therefore, please read these Official Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an online form in the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to these Official Rules. You may not submit an online form to the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to receive the prize described in these Official Rules unless you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and VISIT PHILADELPHIA with respect to the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories) who, as of the date of entry, are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of VISIT PHILADELPHIA and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion, fulfillment and other coordinating agencies, and the immediate family members and/or household members of any such persons or entities are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the Sweepstakes form on the Sweepstakes page on Visitphilly.com/rocky. Entrants will be may enter the Sweepstakes by completely entering the correct information on the registration form (required fields include: Name and Email address) with your true and correct information. All Entries must be successfully submitted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address, per day throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
5. ODDS OF WINNING AND WINNER SELECTION: One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by VISIT PHILADELPHIA in a randomized drawing conducted on or about April 4, 2014 from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. VISIT PHILADELPHIA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right at any time to disqualify any Entry that fails to comply with these Official Rules. VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s selection of the winner is final and binding. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winner will be notified by VISIT PHILADELPHIA via e-mail. Except where prohibited by law, the winner will be required to sign (with actual signature) and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within 24 hours of notification and provide any additional information that may be required by VISIT PHILADELPHIA. VISIT PHILADELPHIA shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address connected with the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account from which the entry was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selection and notification of winners will be made on or about April 7, 2014 by 5:00 pm ET.
7. PRIZES: The prize to be awarded from the Sweepstakes are described below. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by VISIT PHILADELPHIA according to the criteria described above and will receive the following (to be redeemed August 7-9, 2014):
• Two Tickets to Rocky Broadway
• One overnight stay at the New York Marriott Marquis
• Two overnight stays at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
• Roundtrip Amtrak Transportation between New York City, NY and Philadelphia, PA.
• Philadelphia Prize Bag upon Check-in at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
• Tickets for two to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
• Tickets for two to the Urban Adventure Tour of the Italian Market
• Uber Gift Certificate
• Dinner for Two at Victor Café (exclusive of alcohol)
• Gift Certificate for Barbuzzo
• Two (2) $10 Gift Cards for Reading Terminal Market
The grand prize has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV) of $1,589.00. The prize winner is responsible for all expenses not listed in these rules, including any travel expense and parking, and for payment of any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes. The prize winner is also responsible for compliance with any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws and/or regulations. The grand prize is not transferable. In the event that the grand prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances outside VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s control, an alternate prize of equal value may be substituted at the sole discretion of VISIT PHILADELPHIA. Cash redemption, exchange or substitution is not allowed except at the sole discretion of VISIT PHILADELPHIA.
8. GENERAL RULES: The Sweepstakes is offered by VISIT PHILADELPHIA, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (iv) any fees charged by any Internet Service Provider. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless VISIT PHILADELPHIA and its parent, affiliated companies and subsidiaries and their directors, officers, employees, VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s agents, including advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, (together, the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against, any claims, injuries (including death), loss, expenses or damages and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise in whole or in part from the acceptance, possession, use or enjoyment of a prize or parts thereof, participation in the Sweepstakes, or in any prize-related activity, including, without limitation, any (i) claim of copyright and/or trademark infringement, and/or for the unauthorized use of a name, individual or likeness (ii) condition caused by events beyond VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, (iii) injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes, (iv) printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes, or (v) electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Sweepstakes or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, that the Indemnified Parties may suffer, incur or be required to pay, to the extent arising out of or relation to, or brought on behalf of any third party. Further, entrants shall hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from any claims and/or damages for any injuries to either person (including but not limited to entrant or any support staff, agent, employee or contractor of entrant) or property (including but not limited to entrant’s personal property, and equipment, whether owned or rented) resulting from or occurring during entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT WILL VISIT PHILADELPHIA BE LIABLE TO ENTRANTS FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANTS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT VISIT PHILADELPHIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited, by winning any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry materials and statements attributed to winner for advertising and promotional purposes in all media and in all manner, including without limitation, inclusion in VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s newsletters, the VISIT PHILADELPHIA Facebook Page, the VISIT PHILADELPHIA Twitter Page, the VISIT PHILADELPHIA Instagram Page and VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s websites at www.philly360.com, www.visitphilly.com and www.uwishunu.com, without additional compensation. VISIT PHILADELPHIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the entrant. VISIT PHILADELPHIA reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) violates these Official Rules; or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, VISIT PHILADELPHIA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of VISIT PHILADELPHIA, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
10. LAWSUITS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. In the event of any dispute regarding this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that such disputes shall be resolved by arbitration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
12. DISCLAIMER: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree that you are providing your entry information to VISIT PHILADELPHIA and not to Facebook.
13. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION: Additional information may be obtained upon request directed to the principal place of business of VISIT PHILADELPHIA, 30 South 17th Street, Suite 2010, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-4006; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.