July 4th Celebration of Freedom and Independence Day Parade
Patriotic celebration in America’s birthplace
Monday, July 4, 2016
11a.m. – noon
Parade starts at 5th and Chestnut Streets; turns right onto 9th Street towards Market Street; travels east on Market to Front Street; comes to an end at Front and Chestnut Streets.
Independence Day in Philadelphia kicks off with a series of inspirational events in Historic Philadelphia including Celebration of Freedom and the Independence Day Parade featuring thousands of participants from around the country.
The Philadelphia Independence Day Parade will feature more than ten floats with a wide range of entertainment, including include Miss America 2016 (Betty Cantrell) as well as a long list of historical, cultural, and musical elements. The parade is just one of a number of festivities in Historic Philadelphia on July 4th.
Social Media Accounts to Follow for July 4th Updates
Most events happening during July 4th in Philadelphia are rain or shine, but for inclement weather and last minute updates, follow @July4thPhilly and @philly311 on Twitter and Wawa Welcome America on Facebook.
Monday, July 4, 2016 in Philadelphia: Events and Fireworks
- 10-11 a.m.: Celebration of Freedom Ceremony (see below)
- 11 a.m.-noon: Independence Day Parade (see below)
- Noon-10p.m..: Party on the Parkway
- Approximately 10p.m.: July 4th Grand Finale Fireworks over the Philadelphia Museum of Art
July 4th Festivities in Historic Philadelphia
Celebration of Freedom Ceremony
Time: 10-11 a.m.
Location: Independence Hall, 520 Chestnut Street
Pay tribute to the history of our great nation at Independence Hall with a patriotic and inspiring morning of music, featuring Philadelphia’s own Tony Award-winning Hamilton actor Leslie Odom Jr., and a reading of the Declaration of Independence.
Independence Day Parade
Time: 11 a.m.-noon.
Location: Parade starts at 6th and Chestnut Streets
Thounsands of participants will take to the streets of Historic Philadelphia for a patriotic and colorful parade featuring marching bands, floats, military members, and a special appearance from Miss America 2016. Marching through the nation’s most historic square mile, the parade will march down Chestnut Street to 9th Street, go right on 9th to Market Street,continue east on Market to Front Street before ending at Front and Chesnut Streets.
Guide to July 4th in Philadelphia
For our complete guide to the fireworks, concerts, family-friendly events and more happening over the week of July 4th, click the button below.
View guide to July 4th in Philadelphia
In the neighborhood
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
101 Columbus Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Tin Angel
- Museum of the American Revolution
- The Betsy Ross House
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Fireman’s Hall
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2016
- Second Bank of the United States
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Independence Beer Garden
- Garces Trading Company
- Wedge + Fig
- City Tavern
- Eulogy Belgian Tavern
- The Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Independence After Hours
- View more Restuarants & Dining