July 4th: Festival, Concert and Fireworks
Celebrate America’s birthday in Philadelphia
Celebrate America’s Birthday in America’s Birthplace: Philadelphia! The Benjamin Franklin Parkway hosts the “Largest Free Concert” in the country on July 4th with great food, fun and entertainment all day long. It all leads up to the incredible Fourth of July Jam and Grand Finale Fireworks at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Party on the Parkway
The day-long Party on the Parkway takes place on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 20th Street to Eakins Oval. The Parkway will be packed with seven blocks of food vendors, live entertainment, interactive fun and much more.
Philly’s Fourth of July Jam Concert and Grand Finale Fireworks
Celebrate America’s birthday with the “Largest Free Concert” in the country. Enjoy spectacular performances including John Mayer, Neo, Jill Scott, J. Cole, Grace Potter, Ben
Taylor, Demi Lovato and Philadelphia favorites The Roots before the incredible fireworks finale at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Getting Around & Questions
Expect large crowds and closed streets throughout the city for the Fourth of July. Your best bet is to take public transportation including SEPTA and the Phlash Trolley.
For those coming in from the Philadelphia suburbs, SEPTA Regional Rail will be operating on an extended schedule to get travelers home after the fireworks. Buses will be operating on a Sunday schedule and detours are expected. Click here for more details.
Limited service will be available on the Philly Phlash trolley with pickups starting at 12th and Market Streets (Stop 3) at 10 a.m.
Where to Watch the Fireworks on July 4th
The fireworks finale at the Philadelphia Museum of Art is sure to draw a massive crowd, so be sure to stake your spot out early. Check out our interactive map or continue reading for a few of our favorite spots to catch the show:
• Benjamin Franklin Parkway: You can stake out a spot anywhere along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway from Logan Circle to Eakin’s Oval. The entire street is shut down in honor of the celebration. Tip: try to grab a spot at the baseball fields at 22nd and the Parkway.
• Martin Luther King Drive: This is another great place, right across the the Schuylkill River from gorgeously lit Boathouse Row. Anyone driving in from the suburbs will find it convenient to settle in along here for the evening.
• Schuylkill River Park: There’s lots of grass along the banks for comfortable viewing, with a beautiful view of the Art Museum. It’s a super convenient spot for Center City residents, since it’s accessible via the Walnut Street Bridge, Race Street crossing and other connectors.
• Lemon Hill in Fairmount Park: There’s a a gorgeous mansion, and lots of space to set up your lawnchairs. One advantage of this site is the elevation. Bring a BBQ!
• Kelly Drive: There are many places along the river with great views of the display, including Boathouse Row and the open field at the intersection of Kelly Drive and Sedgley Drive.
• Best Western Center City: Conveniently located right on the parkway, this hotel is the closest hotel to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and affords prime views of the events if you know anyone staying there and can watch from inside (or outdoor pooldeck, anyone?) or just want to situate yourself close to the action.
• Bistro St. Tropez: Beat the heat, the rain and the crowds at Bistro St. Tropez. Thanks to the resturant’s huge picture window overlooking the Art Museum, you’ll have an unblocked view of the fireworks. Enjoy dinner, an appetizer or just a cocktail at the bar. Chef Rames’ a la carte menu will be offered beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tip: call (215) 569-9269 now to receive the best seating.
• Embassy Suites Philadelphia: Located seven blocks from the Philadelphia Museum of Art straight down the Parkway, the Embassy Suites hotel offers a fantastic view of the fireworks. Staycation perhaps?
• The Windsor Suites: The hotel’s rooftop pool and sundeck, or private balconies in select suites, make for great fireworks-watching spots.
No Uwishunu Data
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Fireworks are above the Philadelphia Museum of Art and visible from several vantage points
Philadelphia, PA 19130
In the neighborhood
1 Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Best Western Center City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1412 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Shoe Museum
- The Comcast Center
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- City Hall
- Mütter Museum
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Peter Nero and the Philly Pops
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
16th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- View more Restuarants & Dining