PHS Pop Up Garden
A temporary outdoor escape, at 15th and South Streets, with food, beer and more
July 8-October 2014
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual Pop Up Garden returns for its fourth year, transforming a forgotten outdoor area into a gorgeous, landscaped community space.
For 2014, the PHS will make its home in the grassy lot right next to the Jamaican Jerk Hut at 15th and South Streets.
The space will be transformed with zelkova trees transplanted from the 2014 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, hammocks, palm trees and glittering lights. The lush green space will also feature tropical cocktails, beer, flavorful dishes from the Jerk Hut and a rotating roster of the region’s top food trucks.
Open seven days a week and outfitted to hold about 300 visitors at a time, the PHS Pop Up Garden will also host a number of special events and activities including movie nights, Quizzo, boot camp-style workouts and the Visit Philly Beer Garden Series, which arrives on Friday, July 11.
For more information on the PHS Pop Up Garden and a complete schedule of events, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1234 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Alexander Inn
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Inn at the Union League
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
401 S. Broad Street
The Gershman Y
City, PA 19147
- Center City District Sips
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- PIFA Street Fair
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Art on City Hall
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining