PHS Pop Up Garden
A temporary outdoor escape, at 15th and South Streets, with food, beer and more
July 8-October 2014
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual Pop Up Garden returns for its fourth year, transforming a forgotten outdoor area into a gorgeous, landscaped community space.
For 2014, the PHS will make its home in the grassy lot right next to the Jamaican Jerk Hut at 15th and South Streets.
The space will be transformed with zelkova trees transplanted from the 2014 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, hammocks, palm trees and glittering lights. The lush green space will also feature tropical cocktails, beer, flavorful dishes from the Jerk Hut and a rotating roster of the region’s top food trucks.
Open seven days a week and outfitted to hold about 300 visitors at a time, the PHS Pop Up Garden will also host a number of special events and activities including movie nights, Quizzo, boot camp-style workouts and the Visit Philly Beer Garden Series, which arrives on Friday, July 11.
For more information on the PHS Pop Up Garden and a complete schedule of events, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
21 N. Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Inn at the Union League
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
22nd Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Along Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19109
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- PIFA Street Fair
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Holiday POPS!
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining