PHS Pop Up Garden
A temporary outdoor escape, at 15th and South Streets, with food, beer and more
July 8-October 2014
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual Pop Up Garden returns for its fourth year, transforming a forgotten outdoor area into a gorgeous, landscaped community space.
For 2014, the PHS will make its home in the grassy lot right next to the Jamaican Jerk Hut at 15th and South Streets.
The space will be transformed with zelkova trees transplanted from the 2014 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, hammocks, palm trees and glittering lights. The lush green space will also feature tropical cocktails, beer, flavorful dishes from the Jerk Hut and a rotating roster of the region’s top food trucks.
Open seven days a week and outfitted to hold about 300 visitors at a time, the PHS Pop Up Garden will also host a number of special events and activities including movie nights, Quizzo, boot camp-style workouts and the Visit Philly Beer Garden Series, which arrives on Friday, July 11.
For more information on the PHS Pop Up Garden and a complete schedule of events, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1 E. Penn Square
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Alexander Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Inn at the Union League
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Merriam Theater
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining