PHS Pop Up Garden
Two temporary outdoor escapes with food, beer and more
June 1 – September 30, 2016
The two gardens will become go-to spots for eating, drinking and hanging out alfresco.
PHS Pop-Up Garden at South Street — 1438 South Street
The Graduate Hospital pop-up garden will revisit the 2014 and 2015 location at 1438 South Street.
The garden will be operated by Khyber Pass Pub, so look forward to stellar cocktails and craft beers, including an exclusive PHS beer brewed by Victory Brewing Company, as well as an enhanced garden design and a menu reflecting the diverse cuisines of South Philadelphia.
PHS Pop-Up Garden at the Viaduct Rail Park — 10th and Hamilton streets
The Callowhill pop-up garden — known as the PHS Pop Up Garden at the Viaduct Rail Park — will raise awareness of the Reading Viaduct, Philadelphia’s answer to New York City’s High Line.
The Rail Park spur will green a quarter-mile section of the unused rail line from Broad Street southeast across 13th and 12th Streets to Callowhill Street, and to give visitors a destination around the still-developing site, PHS has launched a pop-up garden at 10th and Hamilton streets.
The Gaslight has designed the menu at Rail Park, and the garden bar will feature six taps and canned beers, wine and cocktails.
For more information on the PHS Pop Up Garden, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1450 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Alexander Inn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
The Academy of Music 1420 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- KAWS @ PAFA
- The Wilma Theater
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Art on City Hall
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining