The Philadelphia Film Festival
A city-wide celebration of the cinema
October 20-30, 2016
Hosted by the Philadelphia Film Society (PFS), the 25th annual Philadelphia Film Festival showcases the best in independent and foreign cinema in theaters and venues throughout Philadelphia.
The 11-day festival features dozens of films from around the globe — divided into helpful categories — along with appearances from special guests from the world of cinema.
Every year, the festival is bookended with blockbuster opening and closing night films. Stay tuned to find out this year’s featured films.
The festival also promises screenings of short films, feature-length films, animated movies and other genres at venues like the Prince Theater, the Ritz East and the Ritz at the Bourse.
Guide to the 25th Annual Philadelphia Film Festival
Screening 110 feature length and short films this year, the Philadelphia Film Festival has plenty of options to navigate! To get you started, we’ve got a guide over on Uwishunu, which includes movie highlights, ticketing info and all the other details you need to know to rock this year’s festival. Click the button below!
For more information on the Philadelphia Film Society and to learn about ticketing details, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
12th and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Sleep Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
800 Spruce Street (enter by 8th Street entrance) Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Christ Church
- Brasil’s Nightclub
- Independence National Historical Park
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- Physick House
- First Friday
- Elfreth’s Alley
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
261 S. 20th Street
Corner of 20th and Manning Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Café Lutecia
- Tavern 17
- The Dandelion Pub
- Alma De Cuba
- The Logan, Philadelphia’s Hotel
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- View more Restuarants & Dining