The Philadelphia Film Festival
A city-wide celebration of the cinema
October 20-30, 2016
Note: The information below is from 2015. Stay tuned for more information about this year’s event as it becomes available.
Hosted by the Philadelphia Film Society (PFS), the 24th annual Philadelphia Film Festival showcases the best in independent and foreign cinema in theaters and venues throughout Philadelphia.
The 11-day festival features dozens of films from around the globe — divided into more than a dozen helpful categories — along with appearances from special guests from the world of cinema.
Every year, the festival is bookended with blockbuster opening and closing night films and this year’s festival is no exception. The festival is bookended with acclaimed opening night and closing night films: The fest kicks off on Thursday, October 22 with two screenings of Anomalisa, a film by the writer of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and an opening night party at 1925 Lounge in Rittenhouse.
The closing film is Where to Invade Next, Michael Moore’s latest film that explores the United States’ approach on war. Bonus: Michael Moore will be in attendance for the screening. Following the film, which will screen on November 1 (the final day of the festival), the 24th year of the Philadelphia Film Festival closes out with a masquerade-themed party at the Prince Theater.
The festival also promises screenings of short films, feature-length films, animated movies and more at venues like the Prince Theater, the Ritz East and the Ritz at the Bourse.
A variety of ticket options are available for those interested in attending the festival.
Individual tickets for screening range from $5 to $13, depending on the time of the film and whether or not you are a PFS member. An assortment of ticket bundles are available, too including a late-night ticked bundle option. And for select screenings, rush tickets will also be available shortly before the film screening.
For more information on the festival and ticketing, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
12th and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1 N Independence Mall W.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Merriam Theater
- Bleu Martini
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Tin Angel
- Masonic Temple
- Franklin Square
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1426-28 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Barnes Foundation
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Twenty Manning Grill
- The Dandelion Pub
- Café Lutecia
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Center City District Sips
- View more Restuarants & Dining