The Philadelphia Film Festival
A city-wide celebration of the cinema
October 22 – November 1, 2015
Hosted by the Philadelphia Film Society (PFS), the 24th annual Philadelphia Film Festival showcases the best in independent and foreign cinema in theaters and venues throughout Philadelphia.
The 11-day festival features dozens of films from around the globe — divided into more than a dozen helpful categories — along with appearances from special guests from the world of cinema.
Every year, the festival is bookended with blockbuster opening and closing night films and this year’s festival is no exception. The festival is bookended with acclaimed opening night and closing night films: The fest kicks off on Thursday, October 22 with two screenings of Anomalisa, a film by the writer of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and an opening night party at 1925 Lounge in Rittenhouse.
The closing film is Where to Invade Next, Michael Moore’s latest film that explores the United States’ approach on war. Bonus: Michael Moore will be in attendance for the screening. Following the film, which will screen on November 1 (the final day of the festival), the 24th year of the Philadelphia Film Festival closes out with a masquerade-themed party at the Prince Theater.
The festival also promises screenings of short films, feature-length films, animated movies and more at venues like the Prince Theater, the Ritz East and the Ritz at the Bourse.
A variety of ticket options are available for those interested in attending the festival.
Individual tickets for screening range from $5 to $13, depending on the time of the film and whether or not you are a PFS member. An assortment of ticket bundles are available, too including a late-night ticked bundle option. And for select screenings, rush tickets will also be available shortly before the film screening.
For more information on the festival and ticketing, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
135 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
800 Spruce Street (enter by 8th Street entrance) Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Irish Memorial
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Center City District Sips
- United States Mint
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Franklin Square
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Village Whiskey
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- The Dandelion Pub
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- View more Restuarants & Dining