One of the most historic races in the country
One of the most historic races in the nation, the Philadelphia Marathon covers fast and mostly flat terrain, crossing the heart of Philadelphia and some of the city’s most iconic landmarks — including Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House and the Liberty Bell.
The course passes along the charming streets of Old City on Penn’s Landing by the Delaware River, eventually arriving near the green and leafy pathways of the recently restored Fairmount Water Works, located on the Schuylkill River.
Racing in the City
Warm up for the race at the Health and Fitness Expo at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. All race weekend participants are required to stop by the Pennsylvania Convention Center prior to the Marathon to pick up their race packets, including a race bib, timing tag, t-shirt and bag.
The Expo is free and open to the public with 2014 Philadelphia Marathon merchandise available along with the latest products and ideas in the worlds of running, fitness and nutrition.
Book Your Marathon Weekend
Many of Philadelphia’s top hotels are located within a few miles of the starting line. Rooms for the race weekend book up fast, so be sure to make your reservations in advance.
For more information on booking your stay during the Philadelphia Marathon and race day offers, click the button below.
Runners will need to pick up a race packet at the Health and Fitness Expo at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Race packets will not be mailed and no packets will be distributed on race day.
Other running choices include a Half Marathon, as well as an 8K Run sponsored by the Rothman Institute. Fans have access to a series of fan-friendly zones, where spectators can enjoy music and food as they cheer on competitors.
In the neighborhood
237 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
6th and Race Streets Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The 2014 Philadelphia Flower Show
- Dream Garden
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- National Liberty Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1111 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- El Vez
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- View more Restuarants & Dining