The world’s largest National Coming Out Day festival
October 9, 2016
Did you know the largest National Coming Out Day event takes place right here in Philadelphia? That’s right! Taking over the Gayborhood neighborhood of Philadelphia in Midtown Village, Outfest celebrates Philadelphia’s LGBT history and LGBT community.
Now in its 26th year, the block party — spanning a dozen full blocks — consists of drag shows, games, bar crawls, music and shopping. A main stage hosts live entertainment of all sort all day long, bringing entertainment that in the past has spanned from high-heel races to belly dance shows to award ceremonies.
Throughout the festival grounds, a number of outdoor bars and dance parties continue the spirit of the event all throughout the Gayborhood.
For a complete list of events and more information, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Sixth and Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Wilma Theater
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Lantern Theater Company
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- The Academy of Music
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
300 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Capogiro Gelato Artisans
- Valanni Social
- Varga Bar
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Day of The Dead Festival and Parade
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Talula’s Daily
- View more Restuarants & Dining