The world’s largest National Coming Out Day festival
October 8, 2017
Note: The information below is from 2016. Stay tuned for more information about this year’s event as it becomes available.
Did you know the largest National Coming Out Day event takes place right here in Philadelphia? That’s right! Taking over the Gayborhood neighborhood of Philadelphia in Midtown Village, Outfest celebrates Philadelphia’s LGBT history and LGBT community.
Now in its 26th year, the block party — spanning a dozen full blocks — consists of drag shows, games, bar crawls, music and shopping. A main stage hosts live entertainment of all sort all day long, bringing entertainment that in the past has spanned from high-heel races to belly dance shows to award ceremonies.
Throughout the festival grounds, a number of outdoor bars and dance parties continue the spirit of the event all throughout the Gayborhood.
For a complete list of events and more information, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Sixth and Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Rustic Music
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Merriam Theater
- The Academy of Music
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1338 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Talula’s Daily
- Capogiro Gelato Artisans
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Varga Bar
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining