One of Philadelphia’s most elegant hotels
Consistently recognized as one of the world’s finest places to stay by industry sources such as AAA, Conde Nast and Travel and Leisure, The Rittenhouse has become one of the most awarded hotel properties in Philadelphia.
The Rittenhouse introduces us to the brand new, R Floor, which boasts the ultimate in luxury accommodations, designed the the aesthetic of the renowned Park Suites.
The hotel is located on an intimate oasis on Rittenhouse Square where guests arrive to a Belgian stone courtyard, fountain and manicured gardens. The marble foyer leads to the hotel’s lobby appointed with traditional furnishings and a warm ambiance.
Soaring nine floors above downtown Philadelphia, The Rittenhouse has 118 guest rooms, including 24 suites that measure 650-2,000-square-feet. Remaining guest rooms are between 450-600-square-feet and are some of the most spacious hotel rooms in the city.
Beautifully appointed with rich mahogany furnishings and lush fabrics, guest rooms at The Rittenhouse also boast large windows that overlook either Rittenhouse Square or the magnificent cityscape.
Other room amenities include:
- Plush bed with pillow top mattress, duvets, and king size down pillows (foam pillows are also available)
- 42” HD television with complimentary media hubs attached to play Ipods, MP3 players, portable games systems and laptops through the television
- Desk with complimentary WiFi and wired high-speed Internet access
- Luxurious marble bathroom
- Oversized bathtub and separate shower with massage shower head
- Aromatherapy Spa bath amenities
The Rittenhouse Spa & Club
Located on the third floor of the hotel, overlooking scenic Rittenhouse Square, the Rittenhouse Spa & Club – Hair by Paul Labrecque boasts nearly 15,000 square feet dedicated to beauty, health and wellness.
The spa and club offer a variety of papering services including massage, skin care, and men’s grooming.
Guests can work out in the completely renovated fitness room with new exercise equipment, yoga studio, locker area and swimming pool.
The Rittenhouse is located right on Rittenhouse Square, in the center of Philadelphia’s downtown.
Featuring all of the unique historic charm and residential ambiance of Rittenhouse Square, The Rittenhouse is convenient walking distance from major museums, cultural attractions, world-class shopping and the central business district. For corporate and leisure travel, The Rittenhouse provides the definitive Philadelphia hotel destination.
- Located in Center City’s most prestigious downtown area
- Just 10 blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Five minutes by taxi to Amtrak´s 30th Street Station
- Only 8 miles from Philadelphia International Airport
Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
A premier restaurant located on the second floor of The Rittenhouse, Lacroix features elegant décor and a grand view of Rittenhouse Square, which combine to make the ambiance at Lacroix as enjoyable as the meal itself.
The creative progressive international menu changes with the season and in the past has included favorites like pumpkin soup with fried shallots and tuna steak with salmis sauce. The wine list is excellent and extensive — thanks to the 4,000-bottle wine cellar.
One of the most recent additions to The Rittenhouse, Library Bar a 20-seat enclave of dark paneling, oak floors and leather banquettes, serving classic and modern cocktails plus artisan cheeses, oysters, charcuterie and caviar. Be sure to take a look at the beautifully lit bookshelves featuring rare books on the history of Philadelphia.
Mary Cassatt Tea Room
Settle in for afternoon tea at the Mary Cassatt Tea Room, featuring artisanal infusions and teas from around the world served with a selection of tea sandwiches, scones and pastries. Reservations are strongly recommended.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
15th and Market Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- PIFA Street Fair
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- The Philly Pops
- Opera Philadelphia
- First Unitarian Church
- 1812 Productions
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- View more attractions
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Midtown
- Inn at the Union League
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- View more hotels