National Liberty Museum
Honoring real-life heroes and our heritage of freedom
Liberty comes to life at the National Liberty Museum in Historic Philadelphia.
Discover the story of real-life heroes, including Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Jim Henson and 2014 Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, at the museum’s interactive exhibits and inspirational galleries.
Visitors enter the museum through the Welcome Gallery, free and open to the public, which features an exact replica of the Liberty Bell and interactive displays.
Admission to the National Liberty Museum includes access to eight galleries featuring more than 179 works of contemporary art and the stories of 2,000 heroes from around the globe.
Highlights include the 21-foot glass sculpture Flame of Liberty by Dale Chihuly, the powerful Jellybean Children and a three-story exhibit paying tribute to the heroes of 9/11.
Hours and Admission
The National Liberty Museum is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Admission to the museum is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors and $5 for students. Children ages 5-17 visiting with an adult can enter the museum for just $2 (free for children under five).
For more information about the National Liberty Museum and a complete calendar of upcoming events, click the button below.
Buy Tickets Online
Purchase tickets for theNational Liberty Museum in advance online at the Independence Visitor Center.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Alexander Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
104 S. 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Second Bank of the United States
- Dream Garden
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- Independence National Historical Park
- Fireman’s Hall
- PECO Multicultural Series
at Penn’s Landing
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Arch Streets Reading Terminal Market Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- El Vez
- The Bourse
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining