Philadelphia Theatre Company
Presenting premieres of major works by contemporary playwrights
Philadelphia Theatre Company (PTC) is a leading regional theater company focused on American plays and musicals.
Hosting imaginative and entertaining contemporary theater at Suzanne Roberts Theatre on the Avenue of the arts, PTC produces, develops and presents entertaining and imaginative contemporary theater.
The PTC’s 2013-14 season features 4000 Miles by Amy Herzog, the musical N3RDS, Tribes by Nina Raine and more. For more information and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
Founded in 1974 as The Philadelphia Company, PTC was among the first in Philadelphia to focus on new work. Since 1982, it has produced more than a hundred world and Philadelphia premieres, including the premiere of Master Class by Terrence McNally starring Zoe Caldwell, which went on to New York and won a number of Tony’s. Philadelphia Theatre Company offers professional theater training, annual collaboration with the Philadelphia Young Playwrights Festival, play readings and pre-and post-play discussions.
The Suzanne Roberts Theatre
PTC’s state-of-the-art theatre offers a 365-seat traditional proscenium auditorium and mezzanine with plush seats, generous leg room, and an unobstructed view of the stage.
In the neighborhood
1450 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Alexander Inn
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
The Academy of Music 1420 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Art on City Hall
- PIFA Street Fair
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Merriam Theater
- The Wilma Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Holiday POPS!
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
261 S. 20th Street
Corner of 20th and Manning Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Village Whiskey
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Alma De Cuba
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Center City District Sips
- Tavern 17
- View more Restuarants & Dining