Philadelphia Theatre Company
Presenting premieres of major works by contemporary playwrights
Philadelphia Theatre Company (PTC) is a leading regional theater company focused on American plays and musicals.
Hosting imaginative and entertaining contemporary theater at Suzanne Roberts Theatre on the Avenue of the arts, PTC produces, develops and presents entertaining and imaginative contemporary theater.
The PTC’s 2013-14 season features 4000 Miles by Amy Herzog, the musical N3RDS, Tribes by Nina Raine and more. For more information and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
Founded in 1974 as The Philadelphia Company, PTC was among the first in Philadelphia to focus on new work. Since 1982, it has produced more than a hundred world and Philadelphia premieres, including the premiere of Master Class by Terrence McNally starring Zoe Caldwell, which went on to New York and won a number of Tony’s. Philadelphia Theatre Company offers professional theater training, annual collaboration with the Philadelphia Young Playwrights Festival, play readings and pre-and post-play discussions.
The Suzanne Roberts Theatre
PTC’s state-of-the-art theatre offers a 365-seat traditional proscenium auditorium and mezzanine with plush seats, generous leg room, and an unobstructed view of the stage.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rittenhouse
- Inn at the Union League
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- PIFA Street Fair
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Center City District Sips
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1826 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Square 1682
- Serafina Philadelphia
- Saxbys Coffee
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Pub & Kitchen
- Tavern 17
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- View more Restuarants & Dining