Philadelphia Theatre Company
Presenting premieres of major works by contemporary playwrights
Philadelphia Theatre Company (PTC) is a leading regional theater company focused on American plays and musicals.
Hosting imaginative and entertaining contemporary theater at Suzanne Roberts Theatre on the Avenue of the arts, PTC produces, develops and presents entertaining and imaginative contemporary theater.
The PTC’s 2013-14 season features 4000 Miles by Amy Herzog, the musical N3RDS, Tribes by Nina Raine and more. For more information and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
Founded in 1974 as The Philadelphia Company, PTC was among the first in Philadelphia to focus on new work. Since 1982, it has produced more than a hundred world and Philadelphia premieres, including the premiere of Master Class by Terrence McNally starring Zoe Caldwell, which went on to New York and won a number of Tony’s. Philadelphia Theatre Company offers professional theater training, annual collaboration with the Philadelphia Young Playwrights Festival, play readings and pre-and post-play discussions.
The Suzanne Roberts Theatre
PTC’s state-of-the-art theatre offers a 365-seat traditional proscenium auditorium and mezzanine with plush seats, generous leg room, and an unobstructed view of the stage.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Inn at the Union League
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- The Academy of Music
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Plays and Players Theater
- Dilworth Park
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining