Mural Arts Philadelphia
Creators of more than 3,600 city murals since 1984
In Philadelphia, every wall is a potential blank canvas, and stunning murals adorn building exteriors all over the city.
Begun in 1984 to help eradicate graffiti, Mural Arts Philadelphia enables professional artists and young Philadelphians to showcase their artistic talent in a constructive way. To date, the program has produced more than 3,600 murals.
Interested visitors can view several of these works on a variety of walking and trolley tours.
Learn more about Mural Arts and upcoming events by clicking the button below.
Love Letter, a public art project consisting of 50 rooftop murals from 45th to 63rd Street along the Market Street corridor, is also available for tours..
Tours depart from Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 128 N. Board Street. The murals are best viewed via the Market-Frankford elevated transit line, and “collectively express a love letter from a guy to a girl, from an artist to his hometown, and from local residents to their West Philadelphia neighborhood.”
For more info on the Love Letter tour, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1234 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Alexander Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1101 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Asian Arts Initiative
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- PSFS Building
- PIFA Street Fair
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- The African American Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
700 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Banana Leaf
- Bank & Bourbon
- Fratelli’s Italian Bistro
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Reading Terminal Market
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Capital Grille
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- View more Restuarants & Dining