Mural Arts Philadelphia
Creators of more than 3,600 city murals since 1984
In Philadelphia, every wall is a potential blank canvas, and stunning murals adorn building exteriors all over the city.
Begun in 1984 to help eradicate graffiti, Mural Arts Philadelphia enables professional artists and young Philadelphians to showcase their artistic talent in a constructive way. To date, the program has produced more than 3,600 murals.
Interested visitors can view several of these works on a variety of walking and trolley tours.
Learn more about Mural Arts and upcoming events by clicking the button below.
Love Letter, a public art project consisting of 50 rooftop murals from 45th to 63rd Street along the Market Street corridor, is also available for tours..
Tours depart from Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 128 N. Board Street. The murals are best viewed via the Market-Frankford elevated transit line, and “collectively express a love letter from a guy to a girl, from an artist to his hometown, and from local residents to their West Philadelphia neighborhood.”
For more info on the Love Letter tour, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1201 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1 North Independence Mall West Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- Elfreth’s Alley
- The African American Museum
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Masonic Temple
- Franklin Square
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- National Liberty Museum
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Arch Streets
Reading Terminal Market
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- McCormick and Schmick’s
- Reading Terminal Market
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Bank & Bourbon
- Capital Grille
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- View more Restuarants & Dining