Chinatown Friendship Gate
Colorful portal to Philadelphia’s Chinatown neighborhood
The colorful, 40-foot Chinatown Friendship Gate, which underwent an artisan renovation in 2008, marks the entrance to Philadelphia’s Chinatown neighborhood. The international neighborhood features eclectic shops, neighborhood festivals and events and wide selection of delicious Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai and Burmese cuisine.
The brightly painted portal follows a traditional Qing Dynasty style, and was created in part with engineers and artisans from China using tiles from Philadelphia’s sister city, Tianjin.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Arch Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Bank & Bourbon
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- View more Restuarants & Dining