Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
3600 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
8th and Locust Streets Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Washington Square
- Lantern Theater Company
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Rustic Music
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining