Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
- The Logan, Philadelphia’s Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
235 S. Camac St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Lantern Theater Company
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- Washington Square
- The Wilma Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining