Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
333 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philadelphia Sketch Club
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Merriam Theater
- The Academy of Music
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining