Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- Rustic Music
- Philadelphia Sketch Club
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
112 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA
- Green Eggs Cafe – Midtown Village
- Percy Street Barbecue
- Fratelli’s Italian Bistro
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Union Trust
- Capital Grille
- Mixto Restaurant
- View more Restuarants & Dining