Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
1 Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce streets Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Wilma Theater
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Philly Art Experience
at Bridgette Mayer Gallery
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Washington Square
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Le Bec-Fin
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Tavern 17
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Café Lutecia
- View more Restuarants & Dining