Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
3600 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Wilma Theater
- The Comcast Center
- Duck Girl
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Henry J. Cadbury Library
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining