Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Center Fountain Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- The Choral Arts Society of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Shoe Museum
- The Wilma Theater
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- Government of the People
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining