Philadelphia’s classic gay bar
You’ll know you’ve arrived in the Gayborhood when you see Woody’s gay flags beckoning you to the club and bar. Woody’s is the traditional first stop on any proper first visit to the Gayborhood. This is classic Philadelphia, a genuine spot where gay men and their friends go for a good night out.
Woody’s has a traditional bar on the first floor and a coffee room for more intimate chats. The second floor offers streaming videos and a cyber bar with three free Internet booths. And the dance floor is always packed. There’s also a full menu, especially popular for lunch.
Take a two-stepping lesson on Sunday evenings. Woody’s has a non-so secret country western following.
Woody’s Honored by Out Magazine
Adding to its esteemed reputation, Woody’s was recently named one of the “50 Greatest Gay Bars in the World” by Out Magazine.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
2101 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Center City District Sips
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Di Bruno Bros.
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Pub & Kitchen
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- View more Restuarants & Dining