Sonny’s Famous Steaks
The late-night cheesesteak shop in Philly’s Old City neighborhood
What Pat’s, Geno’s and Tony Luke’s are to South Philly, Sonny’s Famous Steaks is to Old City.
Sonny’s, located just steps from the Liberty Bell and National Constitution Center, offers a quintessential Philly cheesesteak experience. In fact, GQ ranked Sonny’s the No. 1 Best Cheesesteak in Philadelphia in 2014.
With Angus beef sliced in-house daily, Amoroso rolls and all fresh ingredients, Sonny’s serves up cheesesteaks of all sorts, rib-eye burgers, cheese fries and onion rings to residents, visitors and partyers who need to fuel up before going down for the night. (The restaurant is open until 3 a.m. on weekends.)
With a friendly demeanor, Sonny’s welcomes newcomers and is eager to teach folks everything and anything about cheesesteaks — from ordering to history. Happy to serve large groups and easy to get to by foot, cab or subway (SEPTA 2nd Street Station is nearby), Sonny’s delights tourists and locals alike.
For more information on Sonny’s Famous Steaks, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
101 Columbus Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Independence Visitor Center
- Seaport Parade of Lights
- National Constitution Center
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- The Physick House
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- The Bourse
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining