The Franklin Fountain
Restored soda fountain featuring delicious homemade ice cream
Since 2004, the Berley Brothers have been supplying Philadelphia with scoops of tradition and old-timey flavors at their Old City ice cream shop.
Franklin Fountain serves up handmade ice cream in an astounding number of flavors including standards like vanilla bean, chocolate and Franklin mint chip along with a few creative options including Green Tea, banana and Teaberry Gum.
The friendly staff at the fully restored soda counter offers 25 different flavors of soda, ice cream sodas, egg creams and milkshakes. On a hot day, quench your thirst with a Thirst Ade made with pressed, whole fruit.
For something a little more extravagant, order one of Franklin Fountain’s fantastic sundaes or splits, like the Lightening Rod featuring a dark chocolate brownie with coffee ice cream, a shot of espresso and chocolate covered espresso beans topped with a pretzel rod.
If you’ve yet to satisfy your sweet tooth, the Berley Brothers’ neighboring candy shop Shane’s Confectionary.
In the neighborhood
201 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Tours meet outside the National Constitution Center 525 Arch St. Philadelphia, PA
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Independence National Historical Park
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The Bishop White House
- Christ Church
- Arden Theatre Company
- Philadelphia CityPASS
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining