Macy’s Center City
Macy’s downtown Philadelphia location is in a National Historic Landmark
Located in the historic Wanamaker building, Macy’s Center City is one of Philadelphia’s top shopping destinations with more than 100 years of retail history.
Recognized as one of the most architecturally significant retail spaces in the U.S. and a National Historical Landmark, Macy’s Center City is a must-see destination for shoppers and history buffs alike.
Browse the latest trends in fashion and home décor, listen to the sounds of the famous Wanamaker Grand Organ or visit the beloved, 2,500-pound bronze Wanamaker Eagle in the awe-inspiring Grand Court.
Wanamaker Grand Organ
The store boasts many landmarks, but the undisputed highlight is its “Great Pipe Organ.” Originally erected in 1904, the organ is one of the world’s largest. And Macy’s Grand Court is the ideal location for it, offering exceptional acoustics to the organ’s incredibly dynamic sound.
Don’t miss the annual Holiday Light Show, a light-and-sound extravaganza in the Grand Court that dates back to 1955.
Welcome Savings Pass
An added perk to any international or out-of state visitor is Macy’s 10% visitor savings pass. Please stop by the Visitor Center to pick up your visitor pass, then enjoy an 10% discount in addition to tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes. Valid I.D. is required.
For more on Macy’s Center City, click the button below:
1300 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
In the neighborhood
36th and Chestnut Streets Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
480 S. Broad Street Suzanne Roberts Theatre Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Shoe Museum
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- The Comcast Center
- Government of the People
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Henry J. Cadbury Library
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1426-28 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Tavern 17
- The Dandelion Pub
- Village Whiskey
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Table 31 at the Comcast Center
- Le Bec-Fin
- Pub & Kitchen
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- View more Restuarants & Dining