Macy’s Center City
Macy’s downtown Philadelphia location is in a National Historic Landmark
Located in the historic Wanamaker building, Macy’s Center City is one of Philadelphia’s top shopping destinations with more than 100 years of retail history.
Recognized as one of the most architecturally significant retail spaces in the U.S. and a National Historical Landmark, Macy’s Center City is a must-see destination for shoppers and history buffs alike.
Browse the latest trends in fashion and home décor, listen to the sounds of the famous Wanamaker Grand Organ or visit the beloved, 2,500-pound bronze Wanamaker Eagle in the awe-inspiring Grand Court.
Wanamaker Grand Organ
The store boasts many landmarks, but the undisputed highlight is its “Great Pipe Organ.” Originally erected in 1904, the organ is one of the world’s largest. And Macy’s Grand Court is the ideal location for it, offering exceptional acoustics to the organ’s incredibly dynamic sound.
Macy’s Christmas Light Show
Don’t miss the annual Holiday Light Show, a light-and-sound extravaganza in the Grand Court that dates back to 1955.
Welcome Savings Pass
An added perk to any international or out-of state visitor is Macy’s 10% visitor savings pass. Please stop by the Visitor Center to pick up your visitor pass, then enjoy an 10% discount in addition to tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes. Valid I.D. is required.
Can’t make it to Macy’s during the day? No problem — the store is open late every night of the week.
The store’s hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more on Macy’s Center City, click the button below:
In the neighborhood
201 N. 17th Street
(17th and Race Streets)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City
- The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- Masonic Temple
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- PSFS Building
- Asian Arts Initiative
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1339 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Reading Terminal Market
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- McCormick and Schmick’s
- Banana Leaf
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- View more Restuarants & Dining