Macy’s Center City
Macy’s downtown Philadelphia location is in a National Historic Landmark
Located in the historic Wanamaker building, Macy’s Center City is one of Philadelphia’s top shopping destinations with more than 100 years of retail history.
Recognized as one of the most architecturally significant retail spaces in the U.S. and a National Historical Landmark, Macy’s Center City is a must-see destination for shoppers and history buffs alike.
Browse the latest trends in fashion and home décor, listen to the sounds of the famous Wanamaker Grand Organ or visit the beloved, 2,500-pound bronze Wanamaker Eagle in the awe-inspiring Grand Court.
Wanamaker Grand Organ
The store boasts many landmarks, but the undisputed highlight is its “Great Pipe Organ.” Originally erected in 1904, the organ is one of the world’s largest. And Macy’s Grand Court is the ideal location for it, offering exceptional acoustics to the organ’s incredibly dynamic sound.
Macy’s Christmas Light Show
Don’t miss the annual Holiday Light Show, a light-and-sound extravaganza in the Grand Court that dates back to 1955.
Welcome Savings Pass
An added perk to any international or out-of state visitor is Macy’s 10% visitor savings pass. Please stop by the Visitor Center to pick up your visitor pass, then enjoy an 10% discount in addition to tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes. Valid I.D. is required.
Can’t make it to Macy’s during the day? No problem — the store is open late every night of the week.
The store’s hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more on Macy’s Center City, click the button below:
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- City Hall
- Prince Music Theater
- Mütter Museum
- Center City District Sips
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Barnes Foundation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
118 S. 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Pub & Kitchen
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- The Dandelion Pub
- Alma De Cuba
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Di Bruno Bros.
- View more Restuarants & Dining