Macy’s Center City
Macy’s downtown Philadelphia location is in a National Historic Landmark
Located in the historic Wanamaker building, Macy’s Center City is one of Philadelphia’s top shopping destinations with more than 100 years of retail history.
Recognized as one of the most architecturally significant retail spaces in the U.S. and a National Historical Landmark, Macy’s Center City is a must-see destination for shoppers and history buffs alike.
Browse the latest trends in fashion and home décor, listen to the sounds of the famous Wanamaker Grand Organ or visit the beloved, 2,500-pound bronze Wanamaker Eagle in the awe-inspiring Grand Court.
Wanamaker Grand Organ
The store boasts many landmarks, but the undisputed highlight is its “Great Pipe Organ.” Originally erected in 1904, the organ is one of the world’s largest. And Macy’s Grand Court is the ideal location for it, offering exceptional acoustics to the organ’s incredibly dynamic sound.
Macy’s Christmas Light Show
Don’t miss the annual Holiday Light Show, a light-and-sound extravaganza in the Grand Court that dates back to 1955.
Welcome Savings Pass
An added perk to any international or out-of state visitor is Macy’s 10% visitor savings pass. Please stop by the Visitor Center to pick up your visitor pass, then enjoy an 10% discount in addition to tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes. Valid I.D. is required.
Can’t make it to Macy’s during the day? No problem — the store is open late every night of the week.
The store’s hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more on Macy’s Center City, click the button below:
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1113-31 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Center for Architecture
- Mural Arts Program
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Masonic Temple
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- City Hall
- Asian Arts Initiative
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1523 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Alma De Cuba
- Center City District Sips
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Café Lutecia
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- View more Restuarants & Dining