Macy’s Center City
Macy’s downtown Philadelphia location is in a National Historic Landmark
Located in the historic Wanamaker building, Macy’s Center City is one of Philadelphia’s top shopping destinations with more than 100 years of retail history.
Recognized as one of the most architecturally significant retail spaces in the U.S. and a National Historical Landmark, Macy’s Center City is a must-see destination for shoppers and history buffs alike.
Browse the latest trends in fashion and home décor, listen to the sounds of the famous Wanamaker Grand Organ or visit the beloved, 2,500-pound bronze Wanamaker Eagle in the awe-inspiring Grand Court.
Wanamaker Grand Organ
The store boasts many landmarks, but the undisputed highlight is its “Great Pipe Organ.” Originally erected in 1904, the organ is one of the world’s largest. And Macy’s Grand Court is the ideal location for it, offering exceptional acoustics to the organ’s incredibly dynamic sound.
Macy’s Christmas Light Show
Don’t miss the annual Holiday Light Show, a light-and-sound extravaganza in the Grand Court that dates back to 1955.
Welcome Savings Pass
An added perk to any international or out-of state visitor is Macy’s 10% visitor savings pass. Please stop by the Visitor Center to pick up your visitor pass, then enjoy an 10% discount in addition to tax-free shopping on clothing and shoes. Valid I.D. is required.
Can’t make it to Macy’s during the day? No problem — the store is open late every night of the week.
The store’s hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more on Macy’s Center City, click the button below:
In the neighborhood
1201 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1521 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- The Comcast Center
- LOVE Statue
- The Wilma Theater
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- City Hall
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
112 South 18th Street
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Pub & Kitchen
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Village Whiskey
- Ocean Prime
- The Dandelion Pub
- Alma De Cuba
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- View more Restuarants & Dining