Independence After Hours
A sneak peek at Philadelphia’s history
May 27 - October 22, 2016 (select days)
This evening walking tour visits some of the landmarks of Philadelphia’s Historic District and is populated with Colonial characters who bring history to life right in the place where it happened.
Tour-takers walk through the shadows of Independence Hall in this exclusive opportunity to visit inside the hall at night, with no crowds, and experience what those late nights of the summer of 1776 were like for the Founding Fathers.
The evening begins with a delicious three-course meal at the historic City Tavern where Colonial townspeople entertain guests. The Colonial host then “sneaks” everyone into the Pennsylvania State House (Independence Hall), once he talks his way past the vigilant night watchman.
Inside the hall, visitors witness several Founding Fathers deep in discussion over the creation of the Declaration of Independence.
The tour runs select days, late May through October, and departs from the Independence Visitor Center at 6th and Market streets.
In the neighborhood
400 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
3rd and Pine Streets Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- National Constitution Center
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Independence National Historical Park
- The Betsy Ross House
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Constitution Day
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining