Independence After Hours
A sneak peek at Philadelphia’s history after hours
Tours run April – October
This evening walking tour visits some of the landmarks of Philadelphia’s Historic District and is populated with Colonial characters who bring history to life right in the place where it happened.
Tour-takers walk through the shadows of Independence Hall, in this exclusive opportunity to visit inside the Hall at night, with no crowds, and experience what those late nights of the summer of 1776 were like for the Founding Fathers.
The evening begins with a delicious three-course meal at the Historic City Tavern where Colonial townspeople entertain guests. The Colonial host then “sneaks” everyone into the Pennsylvania State House (Independence Hall), once he talks his way past the vigilant night watchman.
Inside the Hall, visitors witness several Founding Fathers deep in discussion over the creation of the Declaration of Independence.
In the neighborhood
401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
321 S. 4th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Independence Visitor Center
- The Betsy Ross House
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- The Powel House
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining