The Macy’s Christmas Light Show
at Macy’s Center City
A Philadelphia holiday tradition since 1956
November 28-December 31, 2014
A perfect family outing, the Christmas Light Show and Wanamaker Organ Concert at Macy’s is a Philadelphia holiday tradition that dates back more than half a century.
Come to the famous Center City store — housed in the historic Wanamaker Building — to watch snowflakes, ballerinas and reindeer float beyond the four-story-high velvet curtain of the Grand Court atrium.
During the light show, more than 100,000 bright, energy-efficient LED lights combine to create fantastic holiday images. For shows starting at noon, the finale of the light show is accompanied live by festive music from the world-renowned Wanamaker Grand Organ.
Insider Tip: The Macy’s Magic Christmas Tree seen during the show is made up of approximately 34,500 LED lights in six different colors.
The Christmas Light Show can be seen every two hours (10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) seven days a week starting the day after Thanksgiving.
Note: There will be no show on Christmas Day.
Macy’s has been wowing crowds with their elaborate holiday window displays and celebrations since the early 1870s. The first store to feature holiday windows in the spirit of the holiday season, Macy’s continues this joyful tradition to this day.
A Philadelphia tradition for more than 20 years, the third floor of Macy’s is transformed into “Dickens Village” for the holiday season. The 6,000-square-foot Village on the 3rd floor of Macy’s Center City brings Charles Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol to life with more than 100 fully animated figures reenacting 26 of the story’s most memorable moments.
For more information on the Macy’s Christmas Light Show, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1100 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- City Hall
- Mural Arts Program
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- Masonic Temple
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
22 S. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Bank & Bourbon
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Reading Terminal Market
- View more Restuarants & Dining