The Macy’s Christmas Light Show
at Macy’s Center City
A Philadelphia holiday tradition since 1956
November 28-December 31, 2014
A perfect family outing, the Christmas Light Show and Wanamaker Organ Concert at Macy’s is a Philadelphia holiday tradition that dates back more than half a century.
Come to the famous Center City store — housed in the historic Wanamaker Building — to watch snowflakes, ballerinas and reindeer float beyond the four-story-high velvet curtain of the Grand Court atrium.
During the light show, more than 100,000 bright, energy-efficient LED lights combine to create fantastic holiday images. For shows starting at noon, the finale of the light show is accompanied live by festive music from the world-renowned Wanamaker Grand Organ.
Insider Tip: The Macy’s Magic Christmas Tree seen during the show is made up of approximately 34,500 LED lights in six different colors.
The Christmas Light Show can be seen every two hours (10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) seven days a week starting the day after Thanksgiving.
Note: There will be no show on Christmas Day.
Macy’s has been wowing crowds with their elaborate holiday window displays and celebrations since the early 1870s. The first store to feature holiday windows in the spirit of the holiday season, Macy’s continues this joyful tradition to this day.
A Philadelphia tradition for more than 20 years, the third floor of Macy’s is transformed into “Dickens Village” for the holiday season. The 6,000-square-foot Village on the 3rd floor of Macy’s Center City brings Charles Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol to life with more than 100 fully animated figures reenacting 26 of the story’s most memorable moments.
For more information on the Macy’s Christmas Light Show, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
21 S. 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Dream Garden
- United States Mint
- The 2015 Philadelphia Flower Show
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- The Irish Memorial
- National Liberty Museum
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Filbert Streets Tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Philadelphia, PA 19107
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Center City District Sips
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining