Wawa Hoagie Day
Celebrate Wawa Welcome America! with 5 tons of hoagies
Thursday, June 30, 2016
One of the tastier events taking place during Wawa Welcome America!, the 24th annual Wawa Hoagie Day features a whopping 5 tons of hoagies and plenty of happy visitors.
Hungry Philadelphians and tourists are invited to the lawn outside the Independence Visitor Center on Independence Mall to enjoy a free hoagie, courtesy of Wawa.
The event serves as part of Wawa’s salute to the members of the military as well as fire and police departments. Enjoy performances from the USO Show Troupe and a special appearance by Food Network Chef Robert Irvine.
In addition to free food and entertainment, the National Constitution Center will be offering free admission all day, courtesy of Wawa.
The first Wawa Hoagie Day was commemorated with a free, 500-foot hoagie at City Hall in 1992. On that day, then-Mayor Ed Rendell proclaimed the hoagie the “Official Sandwich of Philadelphia.”
For more information on Wawa Welcome America! and Wawa Hoagie Day, click the button below.
Guide to July 4th in Philadelphia
For our complete guide to the fireworks, concerts, family-friendly events and more happening over the week of July 4th, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1020 Cherry Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Alexander Inn
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
412 Pine Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- 2016 Fringe Festival
- The Bishop White House
- National Constitution Center
- Powel House
- New Hall Military Museum
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Independence Visitor Center
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining