Sister Cities Park
Outdoor oasis on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Celebrate nature in the heart of the city with the newly renovated Sister Cities Park along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
Located on Logan Square in front of the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, Sister Cities Park is a welcoming space featuring a brand new café, boat pond, educational garden and commemorative fountain.
Young visitors can play in the Wissahickon-inspired Children’s Discovery Garden featuring winding pathways, scalable rocks and a meandering stream. Wade in the shallow waters of the nearby boat pond complete with rentable sailboats to harness the wind.
Sister Cities Plaza and Fountain
Within the bluestone plaza is the Sister Cities Fountain, a unique representation of the world with Philadelphia at its center. Jets of water playfully leap from 10 spouts representing Philadelphia’s ten sister cities, including Florence, Italy and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Sister Cities Visitor Center
Need some information during your visit? Stop by the Visitor Center at Sister Cities Park for free brochures, maps, helpful tips and purchase tickets for nearby attractions.
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/sister-cities/feed/image/
Latest Sister Cities Park Stories from Uwishunu.com
December 2, 2013Roundup: Our Picks For 2013 Holiday Festivities In Neighborhoods Throughout Philadelphia
September 30, 2013Sister Cities Park Celebrates Autumn With Fall Family Fun Days, Every Saturday In October
August 29, 2013Tonight Picks: Free Movie Screenings At Penn’s Landing, Schuylkill Banks And City Tap House, A Pre-Made In America Outdoor Festival And More
August 8, 2013Tonight Picks: Free Screening Of The Hunger Games At Penn’s Landing, Pairings On The Parkway At Sister Cities, Beer Garden At The Oval, The Awesome Fest At Drexel Park, The Members Show At Crane Arts And More
August 7, 2013Visit The Academy Of Natural Sciences For A Weekend Full Of Bug-Centric Fun, Buggy Discussion And Even Insect-Infused Food, August 10-11
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
In the neighborhood
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
Eakins Oval, directly across from the Philadelphia Museum of Art's East Terrace steps
Philadelphia, PA 19130
- BlackStar Film Festival
- All Wars Memorial to Colored Soldiers and Sailors
- Dinosaurs Unearthed at the
Academy of Natural Sciences
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Aero Memorial
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Moore College of Art and Design
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Philly @ The Movies:
Rocky at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Capriccio at Cafe Cret
- View more Restuarants & Dining