Map all locations Music & Art
Music & Art
Philadelphia has a particular penchant for the performing and visual arts. From the city’s authentic jazz clubs to the oldest art museum in the county to the storied Avenue of the Arts, the region’s creative side expresses itself through hundreds of music venues, art galleries and theaters.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Venice Island Performing Arts
and Recreation Center
- Philly Photo Day
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- Fishtown RiverCity Festival
- Midtown Village Fall Festival
- Chestnut Hill Fall For The Arts Festival
- Paul Strand: Master of Modern Photography
- Dilworth Park
- Old City Fest
- View more popular items
- Tonight Picks: Witch Craft Beer Crawl In East Passyunk, Terror Behind The Walls, Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday, Ghost Tours, Philadelphia Film Festival And More
- Mo’ne Davis Stars In Touching New Commercial That Debuted During Last Night’s World Series Game; Watch The Full Spike Lee-Directed Documentary
- The Woodlands In University City Celebrates Halloween With A Variety Of Family Events On Sunday, October 26
- Coming Attraction: The National Constitution Center To Display One Of 12 Surviving Copies Of The Bill Of Rights In Constituting Liberty, Opening, Thursday, October 30
- Contest Alert: Find Your Perfect Trip To The Philadelphia Countryside And Win One Of A Dozen Prizes From Visit Philly
- Halloween Arrives On East Passyunk Avenue With The Neighborhood-Wide Fall Fest And Spooky Saturday This Saturday, October 25
- Longwood Gardens’ Chrysanthemum Festival Returns, Featuring More Than 20,000 Beautiful Blooms, October 25-November 23
- Manayunk Celebrates Halloween With 3-Days Of Events Including A Screening Of Hocus Pocus, Trick-Or-Treating And More, October 23-25
- Halloween In Philadelphia 2014: Our Guide To Costume Parties, Themed Dinners, Haunted Houses, Concerts And More On Friday, October 31
- Must-See Exhibition: The Philadelphia Museum Of Art Debuts The Sweeping Retrospective Paul Strand: Master Of Modern Photography, On View Now Through January 4, 2015
- View more from the blog
More than 50 years of breathtaking performances
Captivating and inspiring, The Pennsylvania Ballet ranks as one of America’s foremost regional ballet companies. Each new season brings a combination of classical performances, world premieres and timeless traditions, including the beloved holiday performance of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker.View More
New waterfront community and performance arts space in Manayunk
Philadelphia’s Manayunk neighborhood has a new waterfront community destination with the recent opening of the Venice Island Performing Arts and Recreation Center along the Schuylkill River.View More
Grab a camera and take a picture in the city
October 10, 2014View More
Now in its fifth year, Philly Photo Day calls on all residents to capture and share their pictures depicting a day in the life of the city.
From common objects come masterpieces of artistic expression
For the second year in a row, the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen will present the Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair, a vibrant and festive event celebrates the work of the innovative craftspeople who take everyday, functional items and transform them into masterpieces of artistic expression that still remain useful.View More
Annual riverside celebration of the Fishtown neighborhood
Saturday, October 11View More
Celebrate fall in the Fishtown neighborhood during the annual RiverCity Fall Festival at scenic Penn Treaty Park on the Delaware River Waterfront.
Food, drinks and outdoor fun on 13th Street
Saturday, October 4View More
Held every autumn, the Midtown Village Fall Festival is one of Philadelphia’s premier outdoor events.
A picturesque fall festival of food, art, music and more
Sunday, October 5View More
Each year, Chestnut Hill welcomes autumn with the Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts Festival, a Sunday full of art, music, great food, boutique shopping and family fun.
Philadelphia Museum of Art hosts first major retrospective of the American photographer in nearly five decades
Opens October 21View More
Discover the powerful works of American photographer and filmmaker Paul Strand (1890-1976) at the Philadelphia Museum of Art during the first major retrospective of his work in nearly 50 years.
Undergoing renovations to become one of the city’s great green spaces
Now openView More
Located at the foot of City Hall, Dilworth Park Dilworth Park has undergone a major — and awesome — transformation into a modern and welcoming outdoor space.
First annual free street festival in Philadelphia’s historic district
Sunday, October 12View More
Two streets in Old City will transform from quiet cobblestone thoroughfares into alfresco eating-and-entertainment meccas for Old City Fest, which takes place on Sunday, October 12.