Map all locations Music & Art
Music & Art
Philadelphia has a particular penchant for the performing and visual arts. From the city’s authentic jazz clubs to the oldest art museum in the county to the storied Avenue of the Arts, the region’s creative side expresses itself through hundreds of music venues, art galleries and theaters.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- Center City District Sips
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Made In America Music Festival
- Opera Philadelphia
- Celebration of Black Writing
- The Roots Picnic
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- The Barnes Foundation
- Kensington Kinetic Sculpture Derby & Arts Festival 2015
- Rittenhouse Square
- View more popular items
- World’s Largest Rubber Ducky To Join Tall Ships On The Delaware River; Get Half-Price Tickets With Exclusive VISITPHILLY Discount Code
- Opening Alert: The Only U.S. Stop Of The Awesome Light And Digital Installation Future Sensations Debuts At The Oval Saturday, May 30
- Tonight Picks: Center City Sips Pre-Party, East Passyunk Passeggiata, N3RD Street Farmers’ Market, Spruce Street Harbor Park, Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday And More
- The Schuylkill Shindig Celebrates The Schuylkill River Trail With A Fundraiser Party On May 30; Get $10 Off Tickets With Code VISITPHILLY
- Longwood Gardens Presents Philadanco And BalletX In A Double-Bill Of Dance On The Outdoor Stage, on May 30
- N3RD Street Farmers Market Returns To Old City Today And Every Wednesday, May 27-October 28
- STAMP On The Parkway Celebrates The City’s Museums With A Free Museum Scavenger Hunt For Students This Thursday, May 28
- Center City Sips Returns With Happy Hour Deals At 85+ Bars Every Wednesday, June 3-September 2
- Wawa Welcome America Returns June 27-July 4 With The Free Philly Fourth Of July Jam Concert, Block Parties, Fireworks And More
- East Passyunk Celebrates Its Italian Roots With Passyunk Passeggiata, A Wednesday Shopping And Dining Series Starting Tomorrow, May 27
- View more from the blog
Happiest hours all summer long
Starts June 3View More
Happy hour is more joyful in the summer thanks to Center City District Sips, when over 90 bars and restaurants offer discounted drinks and appetizers every Wednesday evening.
“Circle the Square” with fine art
On the first Friday through Sunday of June, a popular outdoor art show fills Rittenhouse SquareView More
Labor Day weekend festival on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway returns for its fourth year
September 5-6View More
The Budweiser Made In America Festival is a massive musical celebration that takes over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway on Labor Day weekend.
Major works in the country’s most historic opera house
Philadelphia’s only producer of grand opera, the Opera Philadelphia is home to some of the industry’s brightest singers, composers, directors and conductors.View More
One of the oldest African-American literary events in the country
Through May 31View More
Now in its 31st year, the Celebration of Black Writing is one of the oldest African-American literary events in the country. Hosted by Art Sanctuary, the month-long celebration features events appealing to all ages, backgrounds and interests.
A day of incredible music at Penn’s Landing
May 30View More
Now in its eighth year, the Roots Picnic is bigger and better than ever with a day of incredible and diverse music at the Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing.
Radical 19th century prison designed to create social change
Eastern State Penitentiary set the standard for penal reform, with its soaring, castle-like Gothic architecture and its founders’ Quaker-inspired belief that solitary confinement could reform criminals.View More
One of the world’s leading collections of French Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings
The Barnes Foundation on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway inspires discovery with the world’s largest collections of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and early Modern paintings and African sculpture.View More
Off-beat design competition and community arts festival
May 16View More
The Kensington Kinetic Sculpture Derby & Arts Festival is the new name for one of the city’s quirkiest spring events. Formerly two events, the Trenton Avenue Arts Festival and Kensington Kinetic Derby, is a day-long celebration of the creative spirit and community pride.
Philadelphia’s most popular town square
Rittenhouse Square is as popular with residents as it is with visitors. In the picturesque, tree-lined streets surrounding the park, you will find charming townhomes, luxurious spas, amazing eateries, jewelry stores and the highest of high-end fashion boutiques.View More
Super-sized block party in Northern Liberties
August 2View More
Every August, thousands pack a seven-block stretch of North 2nd Street for a day of music, food, beer gardens, art, workshops and vendors of all kinds.
April 25View More
Go West! Craft Fest is an annual gathering of West Philly’s best artisans and craftspeople that allows shoppers to discover new creators of clothing, jewelry, housewares, knitwork and more.
Preserving and interpreting the American Jewish experience
Rising five stories above Independence Mall, in the heart of historic Philadelphia, the National Museum of American Jewish History brings to life the 360-year history of Jews in America.View More
Mural Arts Program presents groundbreaking outdoor exhibition in Philadelphia
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is celebrating it’s 30th anniversary by turning the city into a canvas during a blockbuster outdoor exhibition featuring more than a dozen incredible artists from around the globe.View More
Day-long celebration of jazz in Philadelphia
April 25View More
Spend the day relaxing with live jazz during the fourth annual Center City Jazz Festival. Part of Jazz Appreciation Month, the day-long festival features 16 bands performing at four Center City venues.