Map all locations Music & Art
Music & Art
Philadelphia has a particular penchant for the performing and visual arts. From the city’s authentic jazz clubs to the oldest art museum in the county to the storied Avenue of the Arts, the region’s creative side expresses itself through hundreds of music venues, art galleries and theaters.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- Roundup: Where To Celebrate Black History Month In Philadelphia, February 2015
- Coming Attraction: The 2015 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show Arrives February 28-March 8 With Exhibits Inspired By Disney Movies, A Pop-Up Beer Garden, Huge Special Events And More
- Brauhaus Schmitz’s Jeremy And Jessica Nolen Launch New German Cooking At Their South Street Beer Hall On Wednesday, February 4
- Weekend Picks: Center City Restaurant Week, Philadelphia Auto Show, Super Bowl Specials And Parties, Free First Sunday At The Barnes Foundation, Free Admission To NMAJH And More
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art Showcases German Fraktur Art In Its Newest Exhibition, Opening Sunday, February 1
- The PHS Pop-Up Beer Garden Returns This Winter For A Philadelphia Flower Show Edition At The Shops At Liberty Place, Opening Saturday, February 14
- The Flwry, Philly’s First Floral Subscription Service, Now Offering Limited Number Of Memberships For Pre-Order Just In Time For Valentine’s Day
- Tonight Picks: Center City Restaurant Week, RiverRink Winterfest, Ice Rink At Dilworth Park, Pizza Week At Pizzeria Stella, Sancho Pistola’s Anniversary And More
- The Philadelphia Art Alliance Launches Three Winter Exhibitions Of Contemporary Installation With A Reception Tonight, Thursday, January 29
- The Fabric Workshop And Museum Opens A High-Concept Pop-Up Shop, Now Through The End Of February
- View more from the blog
Mural Arts Program presents groundbreaking outdoor exhibition in Philadelphia
The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is celebrating it’s 30th anniversary by turning the city into a canvas during a blockbuster outdoor exhibition featuring more than a dozen incredible artists from around the globe.View More
1924 by Alexander Stirling Calder
The center of Logan Square belongs to a popular fountain sculpture by Alexander Stirling Calder, son of the City Hall artist. Designed with architect Wilson Eyre, the work memorializes Dr. Wilson Cary Swann, founder of the Philadelphia Fountain Society.View More
DJs, belly dancing, hookahs and more
A night at the Bside Lounge, shared with Barra Italian Restaurant in Old City, might consist of a lot of things: guest DJs spinning Medina-flavored fusion along with house and techno music, belly dancers accompanied by live percussionists, or a hookah shared with friends.View More
A unique social club and event space in Northern Liberties
One of the most unique spaces in the city, Ruba Club Studios is a 100-year-old social club and bi-level event space in the Northern Liberties housing a vintage Cabaret bar, dance floor and stage on the lower level and a theatrical stage upstairs.View More
Performance space and community gathering place
Built as a house of worship in 1911, The Rotunda is now a smoke-free and drink-free space for world, soul, hip-hop, rock, jazz and experimental music. When bands aren’t playing, the socially conscious venue hosts movie screenings, yoga classes, theater projects and art exhibits.View More
More than 300 musicians help celebrate the holiday season
December 6 – 20View More
Performing both delightful seasonal classics and glorious gospel music, Holiday POPS! is a marvelous way for the whole family to enjoy the holidays together.
Philly honors Asian American films and filmmakers
November 12 – 16 and 21 – 22View More
The seventh annual Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (PAAFF) will celebrate Asian American films and filmmakers via screenings of documentaries and feature films, panels, discussions, parties and much more.
High-quality handmade goods from local and national artists
November 8 – 9View More
One of Philly’s finest craft fairs, Art Star Craft Bazaar features more than 60 local and national artists showing off and selling high-quality handmade goods.
Undergoing renovations to become one of the city’s great green spaces
Now openView More
Located at the foot of City Hall, Dilworth Park has undergone a major — and awesome — transformation into a modern and welcoming outdoor space with new plantings, lawns, a programmable fountain, a cafe with outdoor seating and two iconic glass entrances to the underground concourse.
The largest municipal building in the country and the finest example of the Second Empire style
City Hall is the largest municipal building in the United States, containing over 14.5 acres of floor space. It is an architectural treasure inside and out.View More