Map all locations Music & Art
Music & Art
Philadelphia has a particular penchant for the performing and visual arts. From the city’s authentic jazz clubs to the oldest art museum in the county to the storied Avenue of the Arts, the region’s creative side expresses itself through hundreds of music venues, art galleries and theaters.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- Now Open: Restauranteurs Michael And Jeniphur Pasquarello Are Now Cooking At Kensington Quarters In Fishtown
- Now Open: Roost Philadelphia Offers Hip Apartment-Style Living In A New Extended-Stay Hotel
- The Kimmel Center Brings International Phenomenon The It Gets Better Project To Philadelphia For Residency Events And A Live Stage Show, November 4-8
- The Walnut Street Theatre Opens A Delightful Family-Friendly Production Of Mary Poppins, Starting Tuesday, November 4
- Weekend Picks, Halloween Edition: Halloween Parties Across The City, Trick-Or-Treating Events, Day Of The Dead Celebrations, Peddler’s Village Apple Festival, Closing Weekend For Independence Beer Garden, Clover Market And More
- A Guide To The 13th Annual First Person Arts Festival, Returning November 4-15 With Storytelling, Panels And A Food Event With Chefs Marcus Samuelsson And Jennifer Carroll
- Free First Sunday Returns To The Barnes Foundation This Sunday, November 2, With Performances And Talks From Local Organizations
- Tonight Picks, Night-Before-Halloween Edition: Terror Behind The Walls, Ghost Tours And A Cemetery Flashlight Tour, Halloween Parties At Alla Spina, Silk City And Cantina, A Zombie Bar Crawl And More
- Now Open: Chef George Sabatino And His Wife Jennifer Debut Aldine Restaurant In Rittenhouse Square
- Love Your Park Fall Service Day Returns With Opportunities To Clean Up And Prepare More Than 70 City Park For Winter On Saturday, November 15
- View more from the blog
High-quality handmade goods from local and national artists
November 8 – 9View More
One of Philly’s finest craft fairs, Art Star Craft Bazaar features more than 60 local and national artists showing off and selling high-quality handmade goods.
Undergoing renovations to become one of the city’s great green spaces
Now openView More
Located at the foot of City Hall, Dilworth Park has undergone a major — and awesome — transformation into a modern and welcoming outdoor space with new plantings, lawns, a programmable fountain, a cafe with outdoor seating and two iconic glass entrances to the underground concourse.
The largest municipal building in the country and the finest example of the Second Empire style
City Hall is the largest municipal building in the United States, containing over 14.5 acres of floor space. It is an architectural treasure inside and out.View More
The only festival of its kind dedicated to personal stories from everyday people
November 4 – 15View More
The only festival of its kind in the world, the 13th annual First Person Arts Festival is a celebration of real life. Artists and everyday people from across the country take part in the annual event, sharing their personal stories and experiences.
Two of the most famous tourist attractions in Philadelphia
The Rocky Statue and the “Rocky Steps” — better known as the Art Museum Steps — are two of the most popular attractions in Philadelphia. Visiting the statue, running up the steps and taking a picture at the top is pretty much a must on your first visit to Philadelphia. It’s a rite of passage.View More
More than 50 years of breathtaking performances
Captivating and inspiring, The Pennsylvania Ballet ranks as one of America’s foremost regional ballet companies. Each new season brings a combination of classical performances, world premieres and timeless traditions, including the beloved holiday performance of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker.View More
New waterfront community and performance arts space in Manayunk
Philadelphia’s Manayunk neighborhood has a new waterfront community destination with the recent opening of the Venice Island Performing Arts and Recreation Center along the Schuylkill River.View More
Grab a camera and take a picture in the city
October 10, 2014View More
Now in its fifth year, Philly Photo Day calls on all residents to capture and share their pictures depicting a day in the life of the city.
From common objects come masterpieces of artistic expression
For the second year in a row, the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen will present the Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair, a vibrant and festive event celebrates the work of the innovative craftspeople who take everyday, functional items and transform them into masterpieces of artistic expression that still remain useful.View More
Annual riverside celebration of the Fishtown neighborhood
Saturday, October 11View More
Celebrate fall in the Fishtown neighborhood during the annual RiverCity Fall Festival at scenic Penn Treaty Park on the Delaware River Waterfront.