One of the nation’s most acclaimed Italian restaurants
Since opening in 1998, Vetri has built a reputation on its consistently delicious and authentic Italian cuisine served in a small and intimate setting. And now its reputation is growing — it’s not only considered one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia, it’s also considered one of the best Italian restaurants in America.
Vetri’s menu changes seasonally, featuring both classic and contemporary Italian dishes. Chef Vetri, who acts as Vetri’s co-owner, hand-selects local ingredients to amplify the menu’s offerings.
Famous for his fresh, supple pasta, Vetri also serves outstanding appetizers, main courses and desserts, including the whole roasted branzino with truffle sauce and the venison loin with quince and bitter chocolate sauce.
Vetri’s award-winning wine cellar houses more than 5,000 bottles. Its 500 labels feature selections from 17 Italian growing regions, in addition to several distinguished wines from Austria, France, New Zealand, Australia and California.
To help navigate the extensive wine list, a sommelier is on hand to serve as your personal guide.
The restaurant’s dining room is reminiscent of an intimate Italian trattoria — there is a mahogany cheese cart, a 1958 Faema Urania espresso machine and a beautifully restored 1948 Berkel meat slicer, on which Chef Vetri slices homemade prosciutto for guests to enjoy.
On Saturday nights, the chef and sommelier pull out all the stops by creating customized, multi-course tasting menus for each table.
On these special nights, guests are treated to a seamless succession of dishes and wines personalized to each individual’s taste.
In the neighborhood
1201 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Sixth and Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday POPS!
- The Wilma Theater
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Walnut Street Theatre
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
106 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Garces Trading Company
- National Mechanics
- View more Restuarants & Dining