One of the nation’s most acclaimed Italian restaurants
Since opening in 1998, Vetri has built a reputation on its consistently delicious and authentic Italian cuisine served in a small and intimate setting. And now its reputation is growing — it’s not only considered one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia, it’s also considered one of the best Italian restaurants in America.
Vetri’s menu changes seasonally, featuring both classic and contemporary Italian dishes. Chef Vetri, who acts as Vetri’s co-owner, hand-selects local ingredients to amplify the menu’s offerings.
Famous for his fresh, supple pasta, Vetri also serves outstanding appetizers, main courses and desserts, including the whole roasted branzino with truffle sauce and the venison loin with quince and bitter chocolate sauce.
Vetri’s award-winning wine cellar houses more than 5,000 bottles. Its 500 labels feature selections from 17 Italian growing regions, in addition to several distinguished wines from Austria, France, New Zealand, Australia and California.
To help navigate the extensive wine list, a sommelier is on hand to serve as your personal guide.
The restaurant’s dining room is reminiscent of an intimate Italian trattoria — there is a mahogany cheese cart, a 1958 Faema Urania espresso machine and a beautifully restored 1948 Berkel meat slicer, on which Chef Vetri slices homemade prosciutto for guests to enjoy.
On Saturday nights, the chef and sommelier pull out all the stops by creating customized, multi-course tasting menus for each table.
On these special nights, guests are treated to a seamless succession of dishes and wines personalized to each individual’s taste.
In the neighborhood
1305 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Alexander Inn
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Segway Tours
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
230 Vine Street
And locations throughout Old City
Philadelphia, PA 19106
(215) 625-9200 / (800) 555-5191
- United States Mint
- The Academy of Music
- Dream Garden
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- The Bourse
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- Franklin Square
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Garces Trading Company
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- El Vez
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- View more Restuarants & Dining