One of the nation’s most acclaimed Italian restaurants
Since opening in 1998, Vetri has built a reputation on its consistently delicious and authentic Italian cuisine served in a small and intimate setting. And now its reputation is growing — it’s not only considered one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia, it’s also considered one of the best Italian restaurants in America.
Vetri’s menu changes seasonally, featuring both classic and contemporary Italian dishes. Chef Vetri, who acts as Vetri’s co-owner, hand-selects local ingredients to amplify the menu’s offerings.
Famous for his fresh, supple pasta, Vetri also serves outstanding appetizers, main courses and desserts, including the whole roasted branzino with truffle sauce and the venison loin with quince and bitter chocolate sauce.
Vetri’s award-winning wine cellar houses more than 5,000 bottles. Its 500 labels feature selections from 17 Italian growing regions, in addition to several distinguished wines from Austria, France, New Zealand, Australia and California.
To help navigate the extensive wine list, a sommelier is on hand to serve as your personal guide.
The restaurant’s dining room is reminiscent of an intimate Italian trattoria — there is a mahogany cheese cart, a 1958 Faema Urania espresso machine and a beautifully restored 1948 Berkel meat slicer, on which Chef Vetri slices homemade prosciutto for guests to enjoy.
On Saturday nights, the chef and sommelier pull out all the stops by creating customized, multi-course tasting menus for each table.
On these special nights, guests are treated to a seamless succession of dishes and wines personalized to each individual’s taste.
In the neighborhood
1201 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- City Hall
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Bourse
- Dream Garden
- United States Mint
- Center City District Sips
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
926 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- XIX (Nineteen)
- Garces Trading Company
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Day of The Dead Festival and Parade
- Capogiro Gelato Artisans
- Capital Grille
- Talula’s Daily
- Varga Bar
- Green Eggs Cafe – Midtown Village
- View more Restuarants & Dining